nmh 1.7 send nomime

John D Groenveld

Dec 20, 2017, 9:17:01 AM12/20/17
I'm trying to disable the addition of Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="us-ascii" via send -nomime, alas its set mime or no mime.

John
groe...@acm.org

Richard

Dec 20, 2017, 1:19:46 PM12/20/17

groe...@cse.psu.edu (John D Groenveld) spake the secret code
<p1dram$5a058$1...@tr22n12.aset.psu.edu> thusly:

>I'm trying to disable the addition of Content-Type: text/plain;
>charset="us-ascii" via send -nomime, alas its set mime or no mime.

What is the problem?

Is the setting of the charset wrong?
The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>
The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>

hymie!

Dec 20, 2017, 2:20:23 PM12/20/17
Richard <legaliz...@mail.xmission.com>, who said:

> groe...@cse.psu.edu (John D Groenveld) spake the secret code
><p1dram$5a058$1...@tr22n12.aset.psu.edu> thusly:
>
>>I'm trying to disable the addition of Content-Type: text/plain;
>>charset="us-ascii" via send -nomime, alas its set mime or no mime.
>
> What is the problem?
>
> Is the setting of the charset wrong?

I think he's saying that the Content-Type header should not be
provided at all if the message isn't a MIME message.

--hymie! http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie hy...@lactose.homelinux.net

Richard

Dec 21, 2017, 2:19:53 AM12/21/17

hymie! <hy...@lactose.homelinux.net> spake the secret code
<slrnp3ldvo...@lactose.homelinux.net> thusly:

>I think he's saying that the Content-Type header should not be
>provided at all if the message isn't a MIME message.

The man page for send says that it immediately sends the message to
mhbuild. The -nomime switch is listed on that man page, but not
described as to its exact function. I think if you don't want any
MIME headers at all on the message, you'll need a customized whatnowproc
that uses a different buildmimeproc entry in your profile.

On the other hand, we still don't know why it is a problem that these
headers are present, since the OP hasn't said.