Imap backup tool

chatiman

Feb 14, 2004, 7:52:53 AM2/14/04
Is there an imap backup tool for linux ?

Would this have an interest ?

Rob MacGregor

Feb 14, 2004, 8:52:04 AM2/14/04
chatiman wrote:
> Is there an imap backup tool for linux ?
>
> Would this have an interest ?

'tar' works pretty well :-)

--
Rob MacGregor (BOFH) Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!
The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming dragon.

chatiman

Feb 14, 2004, 9:04:17 AM2/14/04
I mean a tool to backup a remote imap server (or eventualy to backup local
files to a remote imap server)

My question was not clear, sorry

"Rob MacGregor" <m...@privacy.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
c0l90u$i75$1...@carbon.macgregor...

Rob MacGregor

Feb 14, 2004, 10:37:06 AM2/14/04
chatiman wrote:
> I mean a tool to backup a remote imap server (or eventualy to backup local
> files to a remote imap server)
>
> My question was not clear, sorry

You may want to consider fetchmail and some of the utils that come with
the UWash IMAP server.

Juergen Nickelsen

Feb 14, 2004, 10:27:38 AM2/14/04
"chatiman" <chat...@free.fr> writes:

> I mean a tool to backup a remote imap server (or eventualy to backup local
> files to a remote imap server)

Have you tried the mailutil program that comes with the UW imapd? It
should work fine, I think.

--
Yoda of Borg we are,
Futile resistance is,

chatiman

Feb 14, 2004, 11:44:52 AM2/14/04
Thanks ,

I've looked at fetchmail and I came to the following command:
fetchmail -f /dev/null -k -a -p IMAP -u <user> -m cat <server>

But this has the following problems :
- fetchmail information messages are printed on the standard ouput
- This does't make a standard mailbox formated file because for exemple
messages starts with "From: "

How can I get a standard mailbox from individual messages ?

"Rob MacGregor" <m...@privacy.net> a écrit dans le message de news:

c0lf7i$pn1$1...@carbon.macgregor...

Chandrabhan Gupta

May 25, 2021, 6:42:14 AM5/25/21

Hi! dear, you can try the best DRS IMAP Backup Tool that can easily backup your IMAP emails and saves different files format. It is more reliable and famous software for users.
more info: https://www.data-recovery-solutions.com/imap-email-backup.php