migrating *from* exchange to imap... utility woes

tommr

Jan 21, 2002, 11:57:18 AM1/21/02
Hi,

I'm having a nightmare of a time wading through google searches that
return only numerous pages/adds on migrating *to* exchange... the last
thing i want to do! I've just taken over a slightly MS-ed shop, which
i'm currently planning to move to courier/messenger. i don't want to
move every mail store by hand on the client side... although that is not
totally out of the question for me (not that big a site). our
developers mostly read on *nix with mboxes... so they're easy. however
i cannot lose everything that's 'stuck' in exchange'.

So... are there some handy ways/tools to save myself the work of moving
a few dozen accounts by hand??

tia,
tom

--
rgds,
tommr

tommr

Jan 21, 2002, 11:58:47 AM1/21/02
btw, we're using exchange 5.5 and outlook 2k, sorry i left that out!

--
rgds,
tommr
toSO...@blSHOESender.nl
remove SOCKS and SHOES to reply

for non-humans: r...@mail-abuse.org

Sam

Jan 21, 2002, 2:16:23 PM1/21/02

tommr

Jan 21, 2002, 3:25:45 PM1/21/02
thanks a lot for the tip :)
if i have 3 boxen:

0 EXchange
1 WU-imap
2 COurier

can the wu tools do:
EX ---WU--->> CO
??

that would be ideal! otherwise i guess i can just do
step 0: EX --->> WU
step 1: WU --->> CO
??

tia

--
rgds,
tommr
toSO...@blSHOESender.nl
remove SOCKS and SHOES to reply

Nick Rout

Jan 21, 2002, 8:20:34 PM1/21/02
In article <3C4C7A9D...@blSHOESender.nl>, toSO...@blSHOESender.nl
says...

> thanks a lot for the tip :)
> if i have 3 boxen:
>
> 0 EXchange
> 1 WU-imap
> 2 COurier
>
> can the wu tools do:
> EX ---WU--->> CO
> ??
>
> that would be ideal! otherwise i guess i can just do
> step 0: EX --->> WU
> step 1: WU --->> CO
> ??
>
> tia

Also look at the scripts in the sample chapter on this page:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/mimap/

They'll obviously need to be changed to do what you are doing, but it may
help you to start!

Makes it tempting to go out & buy the book!