Eudora "upgrade package"

Piet

Nov 5, 2021, 11:02:12 AM11/5/21
It's quite some time ago that an "upgrade package" was announced
here, containing some parts of Pandora, that you could install in
your Eudora program directory to make it work with new SSL versions.
The package contained files libeay32.dll, OCSSL.dll, and other.
That "others" in particular included rootcerts.p7b
However, I didn't save the url where to download them from, and now
in particular I'm looking for a recent version of rootcerts.p7b,
with the recent changes for Let's Encrypt.
Anyone know where I can obtain an up-to-date rootcerts.p7b?

-p

Piet

Nov 5, 2021, 12:17:32 PM11/5/21
Jim H wrote:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/hermesmail/files/HermSSL.zip/download

Yeah, that's what I was looking for; rootcerts.p7b indeed is very recent.
Thanks a zillion. Plus or minus one maybe. :-) I'll save the url now.
I now also realize that I should have said Hermes, not Pandora. Oh well.

-p

Piet

Nov 5, 2021, 12:46:24 PM11/5/21
Piet wrote:
> Jim H wrote:
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/hermesmail/files/HermSSL.zip/download
>
> Yeah, that's what I was looking for; rootcerts.p7b indeed is very recent.

Correction: rootcerts.p7b is still the old one from 7-9-2018. :-(
So still looking for a really recent one.

-p

micky

Nov 14, 2021, 10:44:46 PM11/14/21
In comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows, on Fri, 5 Nov 2021 17:46:23 +0100, Piet
Is it for sure there is a really recent one?

Piet

Nov 15, 2021, 5:22:05 AM11/15/21
micky wrote:
> Piet wrote:
>> Piet wrote:
>>>
>>> Yeah, that's what I was looking for; rootcerts.p7b indeed is very recent.
>>
>> Correction: rootcerts.p7b is still the old one from 7-9-2018. :-(
>> So still looking for a really recent one.
>
> Is it for sure there is a really recent one?

Wish there were. Sofar I've found several sites [with instructions how]
to convert between various formats, like this one:
https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html
But I still don't know how to slice the converted current rootcerts.p7b,
insert the new Let's Encrypt chain into it, and make an updated file for
use in Eudora.

-p

DaveH2

Nov 15, 2021, 7:11:39 AM11/15/21
What problem are you having?
I'm still using the Hermes rootcerts.p7b from 2018 and everything is still working fine.

Nick Werner-Matavka

Jun 19, 2022, 4:19:49 AM6/19/22
That was our first product, the HERMES Bridge for OpenSSL. We wanted to help legacy Eudora customers continue using their old software until we had a fully-fledged replacement ready for them. We now have a genuine continuation of Eudora, renamed HERMES Mail, that will contain not only this fix, but hundreds of others, and run on a modern platform. It will drop on 1 August of this year, FIRM. Back it here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hermes-mail-8-0-the-final-stretch#/

As our thanks for backing us, you will be among the first to receive the full software: no ads, no crippleware, just QUALCOMM quality brought up to the modern age by us.