Detailing a Eudora problem again.

David E. Huntley

Jan 26, 2024, 10:38:44 PMJan 26
Used Eudora for almost 30 years. A vital tool unmatched by any other commercial or free email client on the planet!

I recently updated my host server with 2 security packages, SSL++ and Threatstack. This stopped Eudora logging in. I guessed the SSL protocols and certificates of the updated server are incompatible with Eudora.

I obtained the Hermes latest Patch and extracted the three files QCSSL.dll, libeay32.dll, and rootcerts.p7b

I backed up the Eudora files first. Then copied the Hermes 3 files and replaced Eudora files.

Rebooted and restarted Eudora with the same result. It appears to be logging in but just times out after a while. Host server does not want recognize Eudora's handshake.

1/ Did I copy and replace files correctly?
2/ Before I remove the security updates to my server and revert to my old vulnerable Eudora, I would appreciate any ideas.