Status of Listmoms list for Eudora

Ignataz

Jun 4, 2022, 12:47:12 PM6/4/22
Is http://www.listmoms.net/eudora-win/ still active?

I tried subscribing and got a bounce

The Eudora - win list used to be active and useful, although I believe the archive of responses never become available (so the homepage still says, which has not been updated since 2009).

DaveH2

Jun 7, 2022, 7:19:18 AM6/7/22
I'm a subscriber and I haven't had anything from it for weeks.
I did send a test message to it a couple of days ago, and it didn't bounce back, but there was no response.
I've now e-mailed Katrina Knight, one of the Listmoms, so hopefully she'll let me know what's happened.

Ignataz

Jun 12, 2022, 8:37:57 AM6/12/22

On Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at 7:19:18 AM UTC-4, dav... sky.com wrote:
> I'm a subscriber and I haven't had anything from it for weeks.
> I did send a test message to it a couple of days ago, and it
> didn't bounce back, but there was no response.
> I've now e-mailed Katrina Knight, one of the Listmoms, so
> hopefully she'll let me know what's happened.

Listmoms has a presence on Facebook www.facebook.com/Listmoms but it's been quiet there too, and no response to a message I sent. It seems very old school - using old personal computers in a garage as local servers.

Unfair of me to complain about their very useful (and free!) service, but they are -- or maybe were -- a cranky bunch, and unless they make their archive available on archive.org or somewhere it's gone.

Dr Sparx

Jun 12, 2022, 10:05:24 AM6/12/22
I am a subscriber myself, and I can confirm that the mailing list is alive and being actively used with a handful new messages every day. I didn’t pay much attention, but I think I saw a some messages about list messages not coming through to some users. This may have something to do with spam filters of some email providers gone rogue.

DaveH2

Jun 12, 2022, 12:59:14 PM6/12/22
On Sunday, 12 June 2022 at 15:05:24 UTC+1, Dr Sparx wrote:
> I am a subscriber myself, and I can confirm that the mailing list is alive and being actively used with a handful new messages every day. I didn’t pay much attention, but I think I saw a some messages about list messages not coming through to some users. This may have something to do with spam filters of some email providers gone rogue.

That was probably about me!
I'm not receiving any messages from the list, and haven't been for about six weeks now, although I can post to the list OK.
I'm using Hotmail/Outlook for the list now after having endless problems with Yahoo-based e-mails.
It worked fine for months, but appears to have now suddenly stopped working, cause unknown.
I think that the list server has found its way onto a spamming blacklist, so the Outlook server is now rejecting messages from it.
I've opened a support case with Outlook about this.

Leonard Parsons

Aug 14, 2022, 7:34:12 AM8/14/22
I no longer get mailings from eudor...@hades.listmoms.net. For someone who is getting messages from the list, would you tell me if this is still the sender. If not, who is. Thank you.

DaveH2

Aug 14, 2022, 10:05:54 AM8/14/22
That is the correct sending address, I'm now getting messages from it again.
The list server was moved to a new physical location some weeks ago, and that resulted in it getting a new IP address.
As soon as that happened, I started getting the messages again, which I think proves that the original IP address was on a blacklist.
Assuming the messages aren't just being caught in your provider's spam filter, which presumably you've checked, it could be a blacklist problem again, but I hope not!
Cheers, Dave.

Virg54 L

Sep 7, 2022, 11:17:08 PM9/7/22
Well, I have not gotten any postings for months but life has gotten in the way of me following up to find out why.

I had a SSD die and have been relying on my phone for my email communications. The crazy part is that getting into my provider"s website (to check my spam folders} directly has been brutal torture!

Some of you have mentioned similar pain with Worldnet.att.net, or att.net, which was moved to Yahoo.com, which was then moved to Currently.com, which has turned it all into a stinking pile of stupid.

I am now blocked every time I try to sign in with "too many failed attempts" window, no matter how many hours/days go by, waiting for a reset...

At various times in the past, it was invariably, a problem with one of these three sites...depending on which was in charge at the time...

I could use a little help...

Recommendations of the best site to download a clean version of Eudora.