Customizing X-headers

Anthony Van Dean

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
Hello-

I would like to know if it's possible to customize some of the X-headers
in eudora pro4.01. In particular, I would like to eliminate -or-
customize the X-sender header from outgoing mail. The reason is this: I
do not want to disclose the internet email account from which I actually
dial in and log in from. Rather, I would like to have my web-based
account address ONLY to show in all of my outgoing emails.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Daniel Jacobson

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
In article <35C04893...@eudoramail.com.XX>, van...@eudoramail.com.XX says...

Try:
The ExtraHeaders setting in the EUDORA.INI file in the [Settings]
section.

ExtraHeaders Extra headers that are sent with each outgoing message.
If multiple headers are to be sent, separate each with "\r\n".
For example, "ExtraHeaders=X-Header1: foo\r\nX-Header2: bar".

Try:
"How To Remove The X-Sender Header From Eudora"
http://wso.williams.edu/~eudora/eudora-x-sender-header.html

-or-

Eudora E-Mail Application Links
http://web2.airmail.net/daniel12/danlinks.htm#eudora

Then choose the Maillita Plugin link.
--
Over and Out
Daniel Jacobson

Anthony Van Dean

Jul 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/30/98
Daniel,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, these links point to a final URL
that no longer exists. Any other location?

Scott D. Jung

Jul 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/31/98
Send me an email and I will document how to do it.

Scott
On Thu, 30 Jul 1998 03:18:59 -0700, Anthony Van Dean
<van...@eudoramail.com.XX> wrote:

>Hello-

>I would like to know if it's possible to customize some of the X-headers
>in eudora pro4.01. In particular, I would like to eliminate -or-
>customize the X-sender header from outgoing mail. The reason is this: I
>do not want to disclose the internet email account from which I actually
>dial in and log in from. Rather, I would like to have my web-based
>account address ONLY to show in all of my outgoing emails.
>

>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks.

Daniel Jacobson

Aug 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/1/98
In article <6prpt5$k0b$1...@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, "vandean"@eudoramail.com.XX says...

>>Try:
>>"How To Remove The X-Sender Header From Eudora"
>>http://wso.williams.edu/~eudora/eudora-x-sender-header.html
>>-or-
>>Eudora E-Mail Application Links
>>http://web2.airmail.net/daniel12/danlinks.htm#eudora
>>Then choose the Maillita Plugin link.

> Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, these links point to a final URL
> that no longer exists.

You are correct, it appears the author has removed it.

>Any other location?

Did a quick search and just ended up at the same dead links. :-(