Eudora 7.1 doesn't make a clickable link

ijo...@jejejeje.it

Jan 6, 2023, 12:11:57 AM1/6/23
Hello, I use Eudora 7.1 and I get so many emails with not clickable
links, like it:
https://forum.grassvalley.com/node/575693
In other words, the link is not blue, vut black and I can't click on
it. I have to copy/paste it.
Can I solve that problem?
Thank you.

gnuarm.del...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2023, 3:24:51 AM1/6/23
Not sure this is a Eudora problem. Writing the text of a link into an email does not make it clickable. The text has to be HTML formatted to be a link. Try inserting a link into an email and send it to yourself to test.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

DaveH2

Jan 6, 2023, 7:45:53 AM1/6/23
Is this with Eudora's internal viewer or the 'Microsoft Viewer'?
With the MS Viewer, links should work as long as the sender has formatted them as links, and not plain text.
I'm not sure whether the internal viewer will render all links correctly now, I don't use it, so I can't say.
Next time you get a message with un-clickable links, right click on it and select 'send to browser'.
It should then open in your default web browser.
Do the links work there? If not, they haven't been formatted as links by the sender.
HTH. Cheers, Dave.

ijo...@jejejeje.it

Jan 7, 2023, 6:43:56 AM1/7/23
>Do the links work there? If not, they haven't been formatted as links by the sender.
>HTH. Cheers, Dave.

If I read the email on my web account, I see the link in the right way
and it is clickable. Only with Eudora I have this problem.

ijo...@jejejeje.it

Jan 7, 2023, 6:45:22 AM1/7/23
>The text has to be HTML formatted to be a link. Try inserting a link into an email and send it to yourself to test.

When I will get another email like that, I will do it.

DaveH2

Jan 7, 2023, 7:51:37 AM1/7/23
You haven't answered the question though. If you right-click on the message in Eudora and send it to your browser, do the links work there?
Nothing to do with webmail.

ijo...@jejejeje.it

Jan 9, 2023, 11:05:26 AM1/9/23
>You haven't answered the question though. If you right-click on the message in Eudora and send it to your browser, do the links work there?
>Nothing to do with webmail.

Now I tried it, but it doesn't work. In fact after selecting the link,
when I do right-click on the link and sent it on the browser, I get a
white page with an E£RROR message.

ijo...@jejejeje.it

Jan 9, 2023, 11:07:47 AM1/9/23
>Click the little pencil icon (edit the message). Place the cursor
>right after the last character in the URL and hit ENTER. Save the
>edited email. The link should be clickable.

Wowwww, it work perfectly. But I have to do it every time???
I thank you for some info.
Message has been deleted

DaveH2

Jan 9, 2023, 2:45:31 PM1/9/23
On Monday, 9 January 2023 at 16:05:22 UTC, ijo...@jejejeje.it wrote:
>Now I tried it, but it doesn't work. In fact after selecting the link,
>when I do right-click on the link and sent it on the browser, I get a
>white page with an E£RROR message.

Don't select and right-click on the link and send it to the browser, just right-click anywhere on the message and do it.Does the full message then open in the browser, and are the links clickable then?
Not sure why that would be working, but good to know that it does!
Not the quickest workaround though, the links should be working anyway.

ijo...@jejejeje.it

Jan 10, 2023, 2:44:47 AM1/10/23
>Don't select and right-click on the link and send it to the browser, just right-click anywhere on the message and do it.Does the full message then open in the browser, and are the links clickable then?

OK, I will do it wheh I will get another message.

gnuarm.del...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2023, 8:35:04 AM1/10/23
On Tuesday, January 10, 2023 at 2:44:47 AM UTC-5, ijo...@jejejeje.it wrote:
> >Don't select and right-click on the link and send it to the browser, just right-click anywhere on the message and do it.Does the full message then open in the browser, and are the links clickable then?
> OK, I will do it wheh I will get another message.

You do know that you can use a Google or Yahoo account and send email to yourself, or even from Eudora, right? I don't think you need to wait for others to send you emails. If this does not fail when you send yourself email, then it's not the email program that has a problem. It's the senders format of the email that Eudora simply can't read. The program is 20 years old, after all.

--

Rick C.

+ Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging

ijo...@jejejeje.it

Jan 10, 2023, 5:39:53 PM1/10/23
>You do know that you can use a Google or Yahoo account and send email to yourself, or even from Eudora, right? I don't think you need to wait for others to send you emails. If this does not fail when you send yourself email, then it's not the email program that has a problem. It's the senders format of the email that Eudora simply can't read. The program is 20 years old, after all.

I explain better. Not alle the email have the same problem. Many email
have clickable links.
The link with problem is it: https://forum.grassvalley.com/node/575693
It is not clickable, but is I send it to myself, it becomes clicable.
It is trange.

gnuarm.del...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2023, 2:42:01 AM1/11/23
When you say "send it to myself", you mean you forward it?

ijo...@jejejeje.it

Jan 11, 2023, 1:24:28 PM1/11/23
>When you say "send it to myself", you mean you forward it?

No, I make a new email and I paste that bad link into the new email.