Problem with dominant persona

Peter Donahue

Jun 10, 2022, 11:00:49 PM6/10/22
I have just added two-factor authentication to my three gmail addresses within Eudora 7 by using the app password feature and this works well. My problem is that in the list of personas I have one called <dominant> which operates via the same email address as one of my three gmail accounts. This is an annoyance as it seems that my default outgoing email address is set as dominant, can I change the default outgoing address? I can do this manually so it's not a huge problem but I would rather not have to.

As things stand this means I cannot set an app password for the dominant account as I have already done so for this email address separately. Can I just forget the password for the dominant account and replace it with the app password I generated for the same email address?

Another option might be to delete the dominant persona, can this be done and are there any negative consequences? Will another persona simply become the dominant persona?

Thanks (hope this makes sense!)

DaveH2

Jun 11, 2022, 7:46:33 AM6/11/22
The <dominant> persona in Eudora is the default persona, and its name cannot be changed.
There is no point in having another persona which is the same as the <dominant> one, as you cannot cannot delete the <dominant> persona either.
I would make all the <dominant> persona's settings identical to the account with the same e-mail address, and then delete the other persona.
Your default sending address should then be the <dominant> persona's address.
HTH. Cheers, Dave.

gnuarm.del...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2022, 9:00:36 AM6/11/22
I've never given this a lot of thought. I have multiple personas I use for various situations. I have three incoming email accounts and several outgoing accounts. When I create a new email, it does bring up the <dominant> persona as the default. That's not a problem for me, other than I want to make sure I select the right persona, so <dominant> is set up so it is not functional. Until the persona is selected, the default persona will not allow the email to be sent.

The <dominant> persona also can not check email. I suppose this is not so important to my method, but since I have three personas named HiPriority, MedPriority and LoPriority, having a fourth was superfluous.

I've never found it important to use the <dominant> persona for outgoing or incoming emails. Just change the settings so it is not a valid account and if you forget to select a valid persona, it will error on the attempt to send. Better to be reminded this way than to use the wrong email address.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging