Continuing troubles wil mail addresses

Kaelkitty

Apr 9, 2021, 1:35:46 AM4/9/21
I have given up on Gmail as I just can't make it work. I ended up buying a domain from GoDaddy and setting up the new emails through them. I have managed to get MailWasher to download messages to check them for spam but I still cant get Eudora to send and receive messages. I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

My last attempt produced the following three error messages:

Lois Colleen Tucker, SSL: 3 messages left to send., MAIL FROM: <loist...@kaelkitty.com>

Jacq Felis, SSL: 1 messages left to send., MAIL FROM: <jacq...@kaelkitty.com>

Lois Colleen Tucker, Logging into POP Server, PASS [01:49:32 PM]

I am exhausted and paying for the GoDaddy account was painful - I still think I need to take that up with them, as I think they have charged me for something I don't think I need (Microsoft Office?).

Anyway, you have been a big help before, so I am hoping you will be able to help again,

Yours Sincerely,
Kaelkitty.

Kaelkitty

Apr 16, 2021, 2:43:31 AM4/16/21
Hi, it's me again,

> Lois Colleen Tucker, Logging into POP Server, PASS [01:49:32 PM]
Some Progress at last: I have fixed this error; Somehow Mom's password wasn't working at all. Once I re-entered it all was well.

So, now I am in a position where I can receive emails from both of my new addresses, but I can't send them from the new addresses - this is pretty critical, don't you think? I tried expanding the size my task errors box and found a lot more information - the messages actually read:

Lois Colleen Tucker, SSL: 3 messages left to send., MAIL FROM: <loist...@kaelkitty.com> [03:06:44 PM]
There has been an error transferring your mail. I said MAIL FROM: <loist...@kaelkitty.com> and then the SMTP server said 530 5.7.57 Client not authenticated to send mail. Error 535.5.7.139 Authentication unsuccessful, SmtpClientAuthentication is disabled for the Tenant. Visit https://aka.ms/smtp_suth_disabled for more information [SY2PR01CA0023.ausprd01.prod outlook.com]

Jacq Felis, SSL: 1 messages left to send., MAIL FROM: <jacq...@kaelkitty.com> [03:04:15 PM]
There has been an error transferring your mail. I said MAIL FROM: <jacq...@kaelkitty.com> and then the SMTP server said 530 5.7.57 Client not authenticated to send mail. Error 535.5.7.139 Authentication unsuccessful, SmtpClientAuthentication is disabled for the Tenant. Visit https://aka.ms/smtp_suth_disabled for more information [SYXPR01CA0089.ausprd01.prod outlook.com]

Most of this means nothing to me beyond the fact that it is stopping me from sending mail! Does anyone have any idea what I do now?

> Yours Sincerely,
> Kaelkitty.

DaveH2

Apr 17, 2021, 7:58:45 AM4/17/21
If you look in the "Last SSL Info" for the personality, does it show you that you made a connection, and if so at what level was it, TLSv1?

Kaelkitty

May 3, 2021, 8:08:07 PM5/3/21
It is WORKING, at LAST! It turned out to be something wrong at GoDaddy's end. You have no idea how many phone calls I have had to make to get this working. I want to say a big thank you to everyone who helped along the way. Now I've only got the lovely job of changing all my logins, and notifying all my correspondents of the change!

DaveH2

May 4, 2021, 6:52:05 AM5/4/21
On Tuesday, 4 May 2021 at 01:08:07 UTC+1, Kaelkitty wrote:
> It is WORKING, at LAST! It turned out to be something wrong at GoDaddy's end. You have no idea how many phone calls I have had to make to get this working. I want to say a big thank you to everyone who helped along the way. Now I've only got the lovely job of changing all my logins, and notifying all my correspondents of the change!

Glad it's sorted out!

Desmond Brown

Jun 2, 2022, 4:05:45 PM6/2/22
On Monday, May 3, 2021 at 8:08:07 PM UTC-4, Kaelkitty wrote:
> It is WORKING, at LAST! It turned out to be something wrong at GoDaddy's end. You have no idea how many phone calls I have had to make to get this working. I want to say a big thank you to everyone who helped along the way. Now I've only got the lovely job of changing all my logins, and notifying all my correspondents of the change!

Can you please paste the fix? Surely the Godaddy helpdesk said what was wrong? They don't want to fix my error which is the same issue.

gnuarm.del...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2022, 8:06:22 AM6/3/22
I think the error is letting Godaddy host your domain. There are many, many other hosting outfits out there. I don't even use Godaddy for registering my domain name anymore.

I am currently using a hosting company called Monsterhost, not to be confused with Host Monster. They have their issues for sure. But if you pay an extra $25 a year, you can get a dedicated IP address which prevents problems with being spam blacklisted, while a shared IP address can often be blacklisted because of others. They are also pretty inexpensive with an entry plan for $3.30 a month. I have the reseller plan at $11 a month which allows multiple sites to be hosted.

Just a thought.

--

Rick C.

- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging