crash thne: timeout or other failure (10053)

micky

Sep 1, 2022, 10:27:45 PM9/1/22
I had a crash that actually turned off my laptop, and when I restarted
windows and Eudora, I get this error immediately when I fetch mail.

"Error Reading from the Network
Cause: Connection aborted due to timeout or other failure (10053)"

I don't think it could be a timeout, because it happens immediately.

I've never installed the Hermes package from 2? years ago that updates
certificates. I trust them by hand when need be.

I restarted windows and Eudora twice.

I assumed nothing would work but it turns out I can still send mail.

Any suggestions

TIA