Synchronising Eudora using Dropbox?

Mark

Jul 10, 2022, 2:05:38 PM7/10/22
Hi
I have two Windows 7 machines running Eudora 7.1 with accounts configured for POP3. I use the second machine (laptop) only very occasionally if I'm travelling.

As needs arise I've been synchronising my laptop to my PC by manually coppying the mailbox files, embedded folder, and attachments folder from one machine to the other, not very elegant but it works.

I'm wondering if I could synchronise it automatically using Dropbox. I only have Dropvox Basic so I can't use their 'Smart Sync' tool. I'm thinking I could relocate my Eudora Data folder from C:\users\name\appdata\roaming to my dropbox folder and change the Eudora shortcut to this new location. I'd also move the attachments folder to Dropbox.

Would this be a workable solution or have I missed something?