Pasting W/O Formatting

Carl Ramsec

Jun 30, 2003, 12:41:45 PM6/30/03
Paid 5.2.1
Netscape 7.0.2

When I copy something from a web page and paste it into a message, it
shows up with the formatting from the web page.

I want the paste to go in as plain text. Is there any way to make
that happen?

I just upgraded from 5.1. When I pasted into that version, I got
plain text automatically.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've fooled with this until I'm
blue in the face and I can't figure out what the deal is. Copying out
server names, IP addresses, Whois info, etc, is something I do all
day, every day, and having to constantly hit the "Clear Formatting"
button is getting to be really annoying.

Carl

Peter

Jun 30, 2003, 1:52:07 PM6/30/03
Carl Ramsec wrote:
> When I copy something from a web page and paste it into a message, it
> shows up with the formatting from the web page.
>
> I want the paste to go in as plain text. Is there any way to make
> that happen?

In the Edit menu, click "Paste special" and choose "Unformatted Text" in
the dialog box. (Don't know if there's a way to make this the default
paste action.) AFAICMO, unformatted text is always pasted if you disable
styled text.

--
Peter

Katrina Knight

Jun 30, 2003, 6:34:24 PM6/30/03
Carl Ramsec <nob...@dontspam.not> wrote:

> When I copy something from a web page and paste it into a message, it
> shows up with the formatting from the web page.

That's normal. If you copy something with formatting, the formatting
doesn't normally go away while it is in the clipboard.

> I want the paste to go in as plain text. Is there any way to make
> that happen?

Try adding AllowClipHTML=0 to the [settings] section of eudora.ini. It
is supposed to control whether html is copied from the clipboard or
not. (The help file says that is the default, but it appears to me that it
is not the default. I'm also not sure how well it works, not needing to
copy text with formatting very often.)

> Any help would be much appreciated. I've fooled with this until I'm
> blue in the face and I can't figure out what the deal is. Copying out
> server names, IP addresses, Whois info, etc, is something I do all
> day, every day, and having to constantly hit the "Clear Formatting"
> button is getting to be really annoying.

Using 'paste special' is probably easier than using 'clear formatting'
after pasting, unless you are copying multiple pieces of text.

--
Katrina

Carl Ramsec

Jun 30, 2003, 9:45:02 PM6/30/03
>-Try adding AllowClipHTML=0 to the [settings] section of eudora.ini.

Thanks for the lead.

AllowClipboardHTML=0 works like a charm.

Odd that I didn't find anything about it at
http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/ini.html but it was in the Help
file.

Carl