Cannot fetch email with attachments

Esben

Jun 24, 2016, 4:02:54 AM6/24/16
I can't fetch email with attachments any longer. Task progress stalls. I
have to login to webmail and delete the next file in wait and I can
download the next few emails until the next attachment shows up and
stalls the "Checking mail". Have tried reinstalling Eudora in my Fusion
VM, but that doesn't help.

Any ideas?

esben

Bernd Fröhlich

Jun 24, 2016, 4:20:53 AM6/24/16
Esben <es...@nospamget2net.dk> wrote:

> I can't fetch email with attachments any longer. Task progress stalls.

For how long?

> have to login to webmail and delete the next file in wait and I can
> download the next few emails until the next attachment shows up and
> stalls the "Checking mail".

How big are those attachments, how fast is your connection?

Maybe next time progress stalls check the network activity with
ActivityMonitor.

Esben

Jun 24, 2016, 4:58:25 AM6/24/16
Seems there were still emails with pictures. I downloaded and deleted
them. Eudora then did - as it has been tending to do: goes in to
spinning beach ball and I force-quit.

Next things after new start is that I receive attachments in an email.
Was about to cancel my original post, but you were so kind as to answer.

So still don't see a clear pattern here. But sure pulls me in the
direction of giving up Eudora all together...

Thanks again!

esben

David Morrison

Jun 26, 2016, 12:06:00 AM6/26/16
> So still don't see a clear pattern here. But sure pulls me in the
> direction of giving up Eudora all together...
>
> Thanks again!
>
> esben

Yes, there are a few too many issues like this lately. I have decided it
is time, but still working out where to go to...

(One place it won't be is Gmail in a web browser.)

David

Esben

Jul 8, 2016, 3:14:31 AM7/8/16
Good to know others experience it as well. I'm still having problems.

Dont hold much reagrd for Apple Mail, but it's supposed to be
well-integrated, right?! ;-)

esben

David Morrison

Jul 9, 2016, 12:33:51 AM7/9/16
In article <1mq29mq.2kdgth17d1gtnN%es...@nospamget2net.dk>,
Yes, but recent versions have been pretty bug-ridden. And serious bugs
too.

I am leaning towards Thunderbird at this stage, although it does have a
few unsatisfactory aspects. I have to look at MailMate in more depth. It
seems very powerful, but requires a completely different way of
thinking. Only IMAP too.

Esben

Jul 16, 2016, 11:16:52 AM7/16/16
David Morrison <davi...@excite.com> wrote:

> In article <1mq29mq.2kdgth17d1gtnN%es...@nospamget2net.dk>,
> es...@nospamget2net.dk (Esben) wrote:

> > > Yes, there are a few too many issues like this lately. I have decided it
> > > is time, but still working out where to go to...
> > >
> > > (One place it won't be is Gmail in a web browser.)
> > >
> > > David
> >
> > Good to know others experience it as well. I'm still having problems.
> >
> > Dont hold much reagrd for Apple Mail, but it's supposed to be
> > well-integrated, right?! ;-)
> >
> > esben
>
> Yes, but recent versions have been pretty bug-ridden. And serious bugs
> too.

OK I thought (/hoped) it was getting better...

> I am leaning towards Thunderbird at this stage, although it does have a
> few unsatisfactory aspects. I have to look at MailMate in more depth. It
> seems very powerful, but requires a completely different way of
> thinking. Only IMAP too.

Would need another provider to run everything IMAP. Might make a new
virtual machine and see if that helps...

brgds

Esben