Elm and Oauth2

Dirk Craeynest

Nov 20, 2023, 5:45:07 AM11/20/23
Since ages I use elm as my main mail reader on Unix platforms,
and have gone through various migrations to adapt to the different
ways mail delivery and access is configured. Until recently this
involved running fetchmail to retrieve all mail for local delivery,
which also permitted to use procmail for automatic filtering, after
which elm could be used as before.

Now our mail has been migrated "to the MicroSoft cloud", and requires
Oauth2 authentication to access it.

To the best of my knowledge even the latest ELM ME+ 2.5 release
of December 2022 does not support Oauth2. Is there any chance of
continuing to use elm in such context?

Any suggestions for workarounds to retrieve mail from the MS cloud
and deliver locally? (Forwarding/redirecting is not possible.)

Dirk

Kari Hurtta

Nov 26, 2023, 8:18:22 AM11/26/23
ELM ME+ 2.5 also does not support smtp authentication when sending mail.
--
/ Kari Hurtta