Study: Outsourcing software development to off-shore companies

Myles Wakeham

Apr 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/18/00
We are conducting a study of the impact of outsourcing software
development to off-shore companies. If you are, or have been,
involved in a project as a client to an off-shore company for software
development, it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the
time and answer the following questions.

Please e-mail me the results. I will collate them after a week or so
and post back a summary of the information that has been received.
Don't worry - its totally anonymous.

Thanks for your participation. Please answer the following questions:

1. How did your organization select an off-shore vendor?
2. How successful was it (or is it)?
3. What was the general feeling amongst developers when management
decided to outsource this?
4. What drove management to make this decision (cost?, risk?,
political advantage?)
5. What steps were taken to ensure that your organization retained a
'power position' in this business relationship?
6. How did you measure quality of the finished product when you
received it back?
7. Where was the work done?

Thank you for taking the time for this study.

Myles Wakeham
Sr. Consultant
Tech Solutions Inc.
Los Angeles, CA
www.techsol.org

Robby

Apr 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/24/00
How do you define "Off-Shore" ?

I live on an island with no businesses. Everything is outsourced to
off-shore companies.

Robby

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:52:37 -0700, Myles Wakeham <my...@techsol.org>