xHarbour Migration To SVN

Andi Jahja

Feb 5, 2011, 3:00:35 AM2/5/11
Hello,

It was announced that CVS-Repo hosting will soon come to an end. As
such I have tried my best to migrate xHarbour Project files to SVN.

The jobs has been finished now. Developers can commit patches as usual
as how he usualy does on CVS. Of course, everyone has to have access
to SVN Client, be it Console or GUI mode.

The new place holders for xHarbour Project effective today follows:

Site: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xhrb/

To do a check-out of the new repo, issue the following command:

svn co https://xhrb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xhrb xhrb

SVN client is very much similar to CVS. Consult online help if you are
in question.

Download sites for SVN client:

Console:
http://www.sliksvn.com/pub/Slik-Subversion-1.6.15-win32.msi

GUI:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/tortoisesvn/TortoiseSVN-1.6.12.20536-win32-svn-1.6.15.msi?download

Andi

jj

Feb 5, 2011, 11:59:11 AM2/5/11
On 2/5/11 3:00 AM, Andi Jahja wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It was announced that CVS-Repo hosting will soon come to an end. As
> such I have tried my best to migrate xHarbour Project files to SVN.
>
> The jobs has been finished now. Developers can commit patches as usual
> as how he usualy does on CVS. Of course, everyone has to have access
> to SVN Client, be it Console or GUI mode.

Andi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this task.

Best regards,

Robb

Ath

Feb 7, 2011, 6:47:06 PM2/7/11
> GUI:http://downloads.sourceforge.net/tortoisesvn/TortoiseSVN-1.6.12.20536...
>
> Andi

When using TortoiseSVN to connect to the repository (from behind a
proxy-server that passes through other projects from SF just fine) I
get the following message:

Repository moved temporarily to "http://sourceforge.net/project/xhrb";
please relocate

If I then try that location I get this message:

The OPTIONS response did not include the requested activity-collection-
set; this often means that the URL is not WebDAV-enabled

effectively meaning: you can't access that.

What to do next?
Any simple-steps plan?

FabioNery

Feb 8, 2011, 6:28:46 AM2/8/11

Try https://xhrb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xhrb

FabioNery

"Ath" <tonh...@gmail.com> escreveu na mensagem

Leonardo

Feb 8, 2011, 9:48:10 AM2/8/11
> GUI:http://downloads.sourceforge.net/tortoisesvn/TortoiseSVN-1.6.12.20536...
>
> Andi

Hi Andi,
I realized that organized the ChangeLog xHarbour.
Would not it be better one ChangeLog, as is the Harbour?

Leonardo Machado

fatfat

Feb 8, 2011, 11:14:55 PM2/8/11
Updated to SVN, but the changelog is 10-2010, is it correct ?

Thanks

"Andi Jahja" 在郵件張貼內容主旨
4d4d0361...@news.eternal-september.org 中撰寫...

Andi Jahja

Feb 9, 2011, 12:05:59 AM2/9/11
On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:14:55 +0800, "fatfat" <fat...@fatfat.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>Updated to SVN, but the changelog is 10-2010, is it correct ?

No, it's incorrect.

This is the latest Id:

/*
* $Id: ChangeLog 35 2011-02-07 21:39:02Z andijahja $
*/

Andi

Andi Jahja

Feb 9, 2011, 12:07:46 AM2/9/11
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 06:48:10 -0800 (PST), Leonardo <syg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

No, I'd rather let them like what is it now. Multi-Meg text file is
good for nobody's eyes :-)

Andi

fatfat

Feb 9, 2011, 10:42:45 AM2/9/11
it's ok after delete the old xharbour folder and let it create a new one

thanks

"Andi Jahja" 在郵件張貼內容主旨
4d522029...@news.eternal-september.org 中撰寫...

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 12:14:55 +0800, "fatfat" <fat...@fatfat.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>Updated to SVN, but the changelog is 10-2010, is it correct ?

No, it's incorrect.

This is the latest Id:

/*
* $Id: ChangeLog 35 2011-02-07 21:39:02Z andijahja $
*/

Andi

>"Andi Jahja" 在郵件張貼內容主旨
>4d4d0361...@news.eternal-september.org 中撰寫...

Ath

Feb 10, 2011, 2:52:50 PM2/10/11
On Feb 8, 12:28 pm, "FabioNery" <des...@s2info.com.br> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Try  https://xhrb.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/xhrb
>
> FabioNery

Thank you, that works.

Who choose to not use default SVN rules of adding /trunk for the head
revision? It looks a bit weird.

Andi Jahja

Feb 10, 2011, 4:29:35 PM2/10/11
On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:52:50 -0800 (PST), Ath <tonh...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I do.

SVN repo was created in a hurry because CVS was down too long.
You're right, the /trunk is important. I can move the files there in a
matter of minutes.

BTW, CVS seems to work again now. If there are developers monitor this
group, I would appreciate their opinions on what to act.

Andi