Repaint WVW program window after resizing

yontal

May 24, 2017, 7:34:58 PM5/24/17
I am using a Delphi program to resize a WVW program.
However after resizing the WVW program it is not repainting.

I'm including a link to my WVW program source and a small program to change the size https://app.box.com/s/o1xz1icksllm5a69b08ac7dy44bevf6e

I'm using SetWindowPos(WindowHandle, HWND_TOPMOST, 0, 100, scrnpalce , 600 , SWP_SHOWWINDOW); in delphi to change the size

Ready to pay $10.00 if someone can fix this

Alexandre Cavalcante Alencar

May 29, 2017, 12:42:45 PM5/29/17
Hi Yontal,

From you Harbour app, you should process the message (WVW_SETFOCUS) and do a repaint (WVW_PAINT)... check extras/gtwvw/docs/gtwvw.txt (Paint Refresh Method) and funclist.txt...

Basically, you are receiving a WM_SIZE, WM_SIZING or WM_MOVE, and it is ignored by default (hb_gt_wvwWndProc). Process it by creating a WVW_PROCESSMESSAGES (and post back the ones you are not caring about).

wvw_GetPaintRect
WVW_PAINT
WVW_SETFOCUS
WVW_KILLFOCUS
WVW_PROCESSMESSAGES
hb_gt_wvwWndProc (gtwvwd.c)

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms644927(v=vs.85).aspx#system_defined

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff381405(v=vs.85).aspx

Best Regards

yontal

Jun 4, 2017, 10:24:18 AM6/4/17
Can you please explain in more detail how I direct Xharbour to process WM_SIZE, WM_SIZING and WM_MOVE and post back any other message
TIA

Alexandre Cavalcante Alencar

Jun 5, 2017, 9:23:13 AM6/5/17
Hi Yontal,

Look at contrib/gtwvw/gtwvw.c for the function hb_gt_wvwWndProc, most of the messages are processed there.

You can use the WinAPI functions to pass messages between app windows.

SendMessage, PostMessage, and Related Functions
https://msdn.microsoft.com/pt-br/library/windows/desktop/dd317330(v=vs.85).aspx

Claudio H

Jun 9, 2017, 10:52:53 AM6/9/17
Yontal

A couple of years ago I tried to make gtwvw maximize and restore its size, never worked and finally gave up.
Luiz Culik tried to help me but we didn't get anywhere.

Please let me know if you succeed with it.

Regards
Claudio H

Delphi Jobs

Oct 26, 2021, 5:03:58 PM10/26/21
Claudio, what did you end up using in place of gtwvw