How to create xls file

Grzegorz

Mar 19, 2011, 1:23:44 PM3/19/11
Hey
How to create xls file without Excel installed?
Regards

dlzc

Mar 19, 2011, 1:49:30 PM3/19/11
Dear Grzegorz:

On Mar 19, 10:23 am, Grzegorz <gmu...@asco.com.pl> wrote:

> How to create xls file without Excel installed?

Some choices
1) The Contributions on xHarbour.com has some routines that will
produce .XLS files, of some low revision.
2) Produce a DBF, comma delimited, or HTML file, with the .XLS
extension (may need a rename), Excel (and others) will know how to
handle these.
3) Commercial options like:
http://www.libxl.com/
(if not open source, I don't recommend for future happiness)
4) open source options, one or two of which might work here:
http://sourceforge.net/search/?q=Excel&fq[]=trove%3A164
5) use OLE (if available) to drive production of the XLS, and saving
to the XLS format, using the spreadsheet program they DO have
installed.

David A. Smith

Joe Wright

Mar 19, 2011, 6:39:27 PM3/19/11

Create a .csv file. Excel considers it 'native'.

--
Joe Wright
"If you rob Peter to pay Paul you can depend on the support of Paul."

Apolinar

Mar 20, 2011, 7:18:25 AM3/20/11
You can use OpenOffice api to do that.
There was good samples in this group

Apoliner

GDFord

Mar 21, 2011, 6:02:20 PM3/21/11
You can also create an .xml file and Excel will read it formulas and
all. To see how it works, in Excel do "Save As" and change the file type
to xml. Then look at the file it creates.

F.Trautwein

Mar 21, 2011, 7:23:09 PM3/21/11
Hey,

Some time ago i found this http://sourceforge.net/projects/excelwriterxml/

and changed it to work with xharbour, and it works.

If this is what you want, let me know.

Regards,

Fausto

jj

Mar 22, 2011, 8:46:39 PM3/22/11
Please forgive me for barging in here.

I looked at some of that code and it looks like it would have been quite
some work to port it to xHarbour. Did you do this or did you find a way
to effectively wrap it in xHarbour calls? In either case I applaud you.

I would be interested in seeing this work.

Best regards,

Robb

F.Trautwein

Mar 22, 2011, 10:04:49 PM3/22/11
Thanks for your interest, it was a huge work, I did not know php neither
how to handle hash in xharbour, but with some adaptations it worked very
well, you can download the code and an example from:

www.adlerinformatica.com.br/download/xhb/excelwriterxml.zip

I am sorry if the code looks not clean, after making it work I did not
spend more time on it.

And, of course, all the credit goes to the author of php code.

Regards,

Fausto Di Creddo Trautwein

jj

Mar 23, 2011, 5:28:24 PM3/23/11
On 3/22/11 10:04 PM, F.Trautwein wrote:
> Thanks for your interest, it was a huge work, I did not know php neither
> how to handle hash in xharbour, but with some adaptations it worked very
> well, you can download the code and an example from:
>
> www.adlerinformatica.com.br/download/xhb/excelwriterxml.zip
>
> I am sorry if the code looks not clean, after making it work I did not
> spend more time on it.
>
> And, of course, all the credit goes to the author of php code.
>
> Regards,
>
> Fausto Di Creddo Trautwein

Thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to testing this when I have
some free time this coming weekend.

Robb

bxed

Mar 28, 2011, 6:15:22 AM3/28/11
Hi,
I wrote the wrapper for xharbour and libXL for Windows 3.1.0
LibXL is a library that can read and write Excel files without Excel.

Bxed

http://www.ntkproject.com/forum_ntk/comments.php?DiscussionID=25&page=1#Item_2

http://www.ntkproject.com/forum_ntk/?PostBackAction=Download&AttachmentID=17

cul...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2011, 12:02:30 PM3/28/11
On 28 mar, 07:15, bxed <bastie...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I wrote the wrapper for xharbour and libXL for Windows 3.1.0
> LibXL is a library that can read and write Excel files without Excel.
>
> Bxed
>
> http://www.ntkproject.com/forum_ntk/comments.php?DiscussionID=25&page...
>
> http://www.ntkproject.com/forum_ntk/?PostBackAction=Download&Attachme...

libxl require buying license and is $1100 dollars

Regards
Luiz

bxed

Mar 28, 2011, 7:55:23 PM3/28/11
Hi,
It's a very good library.
The contributions on xHarbour.org produce .XLS files of Excel 4.
Libxl is a good library and produce Excel 97-2003 binary formats (xls)
and Excel 2007/2010 xml formats (xlsx).

- LibXL for Windows - $199 Per developer license Included 32-bit and
64-bit versions, .NET wrapper.
- LibXL for Linux - $199 Per developer license Included 32-bit and 64-
bit versions, .NET wrapper.
- LibXL for Mac- $199 Per developer license Included 32-bit and 64-bit
versions, .NET wrapper.
- Enterprise license - $1199 Unlimited developers license. Window,
Linux and Mac packages.Priority technical support.
- Enterprise license + source - $2199 Unlimited developers license.
Available source code. Priority technical support.

Regards.
Bxed

bpd...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2018, 12:35:31 AM7/1/18
Hi
I need updated wrapper for LibXL

Darkwood

Sep 16, 2021, 4:52:13 PMSep 16
I get a 404 when I try to download this. Is it still around?

Thx!

Mike

dlzc

Sep 17, 2021, 11:44:53 AMSep 17
On Thursday, September 16, 2021 at 1:52:13 PM UTC-7, Darkwood wrote:

> > www.adlerinformatica.com.br/download/xhb/excelwriterxml.zip

> >> http://sourceforge.net/projects/excelwriterxml/

> I get a 404 when I try to download this. Is it still around?

Seems like this might be the same:
https://github.com/iFixit/ExcelWriterXML
... I"ve not used it, or tried it.

David A. Smith