On Mar 19, 10:23 am, Grzegorz <gmu...@asco.com.pl> wrote:
> How to create xls file without Excel installed?
1) The Contributions on xHarbour.com has some routines that will
produce .XLS files, of some low revision.
2) Produce a DBF, comma delimited, or HTML file, with the .XLS
extension (may need a rename), Excel (and others) will know how to
3) Commercial options like:
(if not open source, I don't recommend for future happiness)
4) open source options, one or two of which might work here:
5) use OLE (if available) to drive production of the XLS, and saving
to the XLS format, using the spreadsheet program they DO have
David A. Smith
Create a .csv file. Excel considers it 'native'.
"If you rob Peter to pay Paul you can depend on the support of Paul."
Some time ago i found this http://sourceforge.net/projects/excelwriterxml/
and changed it to work with xharbour, and it works.
If this is what you want, let me know.
I looked at some of that code and it looks like it would have been quite
some work to port it to xHarbour. Did you do this or did you find a way
to effectively wrap it in xHarbour calls? In either case I applaud you.
I would be interested in seeing this work.
I am sorry if the code looks not clean, after making it work I did not
spend more time on it.
And, of course, all the credit goes to the author of php code.
Fausto Di Creddo Trautwein
Thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to testing this when I have
some free time this coming weekend.
libxl require buying license and is $1100 dollars
- LibXL for Windows - $199 Per developer license Included 32-bit and
64-bit versions, .NET wrapper.
- LibXL for Linux - $199 Per developer license Included 32-bit and 64-
bit versions, .NET wrapper.
- LibXL for Mac- $199 Per developer license Included 32-bit and 64-bit
versions, .NET wrapper.
- Enterprise license - $1199 Unlimited developers license. Window,
Linux and Mac packages.Priority technical support.
- Enterprise license + source - $2199 Unlimited developers license.
Available source code. Priority technical support.