Não é mais possível fazer postagens ou usar assinaturas novas da Usenet nos Grupos do Google. O conteúdo histórico continua disponível.

Visual Metaprogramming Anyone?

9 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

cira_[sam.george@usu.edu]

não lida,
17 de set. de 2001, 07:32:4617/09/2001
para comp-lan...@moderators.isc.org
carl...@home.com wrote:

> I have been thinking about writing the equivalent of parser-generators
> for visual programming languages. I did a search on visual metaprogramming,
> but nothing useful seems to come up. Is anyone doing visual
> metaprogramming? I know about Grammex, but it's for textual parsing,
> not building a visual programming language.
>
> I feel like I am on the frontier of something, or I just don't know what
> the name of the thing that I am searching for is.
>
> Can someone help?
>
> John Carlson
> carl...@home.com

VLCC is a fine example of a graphical parser and programming
language compiler generator.

http://www.dia.unisa.it/gencos.dir/engl/vlcc/vlcc.htm

Three posts? Is this news group really this dead? Has
'visual programming' died? I am currently doing a master's
thesis on visual programming. And I still think we have
much that could be done here. I intend to do some of it.

Also check out the FAQ for this group.
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/visual-lang/faq/ There are some
/older/ references to relational grammar parsers. I can't
find any work newer than 1993... I believe you will find
the answer to Question 11 to be useful.
--
-Cira ]:8)
.. ,~~~~~,~~---~

cpo...@ns.net

não lida,
17 de set. de 2001, 07:32:5017/09/2001
On 5 Sep 2001 12:15:49 -0400, carl...@home.com <carl...@home.com> wrote:

>I have been thinking about writing the equivalent of parser-generators
>for visual programming languages. I did a search on visual metaprogramming,
>but nothing useful seems to come up. Is anyone doing visual
>metaprogramming? I know about Grammex, but it's for textual parsing,
>not building a visual programming language.
>
>I feel like I am on the frontier of something, or I just don't know what
>the name of the thing that I am searching for is.
>
>Can someone help?
>

>John Carlson
>carl...@home.com

The Transition of Context-free Textual Languages
into a Visual Programming Notation
via Graph Techniques and a Meta Tool
Frank B’hler, Mike Callaghan and Paul Luker
Copyright 1998 IEEE. Published in the Proceedings of
Compsac'98, 17-21 August, 1998 at Vienna, Austria.

I hope that gets you started!

--
Chuck Polisher cpo...@ns.net
You can't depend on your judgement when your

0 nova mensagem