Advice Sought

mike_[dsiosnoopy@hotmail.com]

Aug 14, 2001, 3:56:08 PM8/14/01
Advice sought for a VISUAL TOOL

I work in a Systems Engineering company designing railway signalling
solutions. We are entering a new area of amalgamating the Software
Engineering with the Systems Engineering divisions.

Traditionally we have used DOORS and Data Flow Diagrams to develop our
functional specifications and then out sourced the Soft. Eng. The Soft Eng
will now be in house.

What products are available to maintain the DFD approach that could also be
utilised within Soft Eng?

I have briefly reviewed Rational Rose Suite but it appears to have too many
bells and whistles without addressing the DFD approach.

Any suggestions or commenst appreciated.

Thanks