Help with `timescale compiler directive please!

S C Creaser

Jul 21, 1993, 8:11:34 AM7/21/93
I am using a library of modules created by someone else, and each `file' has

`timescale 1ns / 10ps

line followed by the module description (as expected).

When using these modules within a design i have made, together with modules
of my own i get the error :

"file.v", 2: module (test) has a `timescale directive but previous modules
do not

on compilation. I have tried putting `timescale directives throughout my source
code but to no avail. The manual is BA help in this matter. Can anyone help?

-----------------------------------
Stefan Creaser:

scc...@uk.ac.soton.ecs

-----------------------------------

Avrum Warshawsky

Jul 21, 1993, 11:59:47 AM7/21/93

:
: "file.v", 2: module (test) has a `timescale directive but previous modules
: do not

We have encountered this message many times, and in at least the version
we are using (1.6a.5) it is BACKWARDS. What it really means is that module
(test) has NO `timescale directive but previous modules DO. Check that
there really is a `timescale in file.v before line 2.

--

Avrum Warshawsky

Hewlett-Packard (Canada) LTD.
Panacom Automation Division av...@waterloo.hp.com

farnood mb

Jan 13, 2023, 3:44:07 PM1/13/23
If you are compiling a list of files, the order matters. Make sure the first file you are compiling has a `timescale at the beginning.