using pli

Monika Talwar

Jan 15, 2004, 7:19:06 AM1/15/04
I have written a pli. the tasks which the system calls of my
application are declared in some .h file. i have also defined some
macros in the header file.

i wrote two pli that refer to diffrent functions declared in the same
header file. but two plis behave differently. the task to one pli is
available but not to the the other. although the macros are also
available to both PLIs
it flashes the folloing error at run time

ncsim: error while loading shared libraries: \
/home/monika/flexlm/flexlm/v9.2/machind/libpli.so: undefined symbol: \
lp_checkout

the lp_checkout is defined and resides in some binary files.

can any body help me to resolve the issue ??

Thanks and regards
Monika Talwar
monika...@nsysinc.com

Swapnajit Mittra

Jan 15, 2004, 2:12:27 PM1/15/04
monika...@hotmail.com (Monika Talwar) wrote in message news:<e71b773.04011...@posting.google.com>...

Not sure if this answers your question, but this does not look like
a PLI issue per se. Check:

- Have you #include-d your .h files inside the C application file?
Strictly speaking, header files should not contain code, but mostly
macros or function prototypes.

- Have you compiled all the files containg your C functions?

- In the final compilation command, are you using a -lpli or similar
linking option for all of your libraries?

--
=-=-= 100% pure Verilog PLI - go, get it ! =-=-=
Principles of Verilog PLI -By- Swapnajit Mittra

Monika Talwar

Jan 28, 2004, 10:03:33 AM1/28/04
mit...@juno.com (Swapnajit Mittra) wrote in message news:<57666134.04011...@posting.google.com>...

> monika...@hotmail.com (Monika Talwar) wrote in message news:<e71b773.04011...@posting.google.com>...
Thanks for your response
I think you are right. It seems that i am missing some file in the
linking process.
Following is the response to your suggestions

> - Have you #include-d your .h files inside the C application file?
> Strictly speaking, header files should not contain code, but mostly
> macros or function prototypes.

the header file contains only the function prototypes and macros

> - Have you compiled all the files containg your C functions?

The C-code resides only in the file that contains the source-code of
the pli routine

> - In the final compilation command, are you using a -lpli or similar
> linking option for all of your libraries?

Wat do you mean by "final compilation command"? Moreover
I have used pliwiz to generate the PLI and am using NC-simulator. I
dont see any '-lpli' option in either NC or the makefile generated by
PLIWIZ.

Thanks once again

Regards
Monika Talwar

Eyck Jentzsch

Jan 29, 2004, 1:33:34 AM1/29/04

It seems you are compiling your code into a shared library
(/home/monika/flexlm/flexlm/v9.2/machind/libpli.so) by linking all
object files togther (this ist the 'finale compilation command). If the
shared lib is missing some symbols while loading at run time, you may
have forgot to add the .o file containing the definition of lp_checkout.
If you need further help to resolve the problem, drop me an email.

-Eyck

Monika Talwar

Jan 29, 2004, 7:14:46 AM1/29/04
Eyck Jentzsch <jent...@cadence.com> wrote in message news:<4018a844$1...@news.cadence.com>...

I have added all the required .a file. I am able to use some of the
tasks declared in some .h file, But for some of tasks the libpli.so
file fails.