Wed, Oct 20 at 7pm central: Karl Lehenbauer on "TCL: The Tool Command Language - LISP for the Masses"

Claude Rubinson

Oct 12, 2021, 1:48:40 PM10/12/21
Karl Lehenbauer, CTO of FlightAware and longtime TCL contributor, will be presenting (virtually) next week on TCL at the Houston Functional Programming Users Group. Please join us! Complete details and connection info are on our website at https://hfpug.org.

Ralf Fassel

Oct 14, 2021, 8:04:58 AM10/14/21
* Claude Rubinson <c...@grundrisse.org>
If I convert the time spec correctly, this will be at 02:00am the next
day in central europe :-/ Will a video or audio of the talk be
available later?

R'

Conor Williams

Oct 14, 2021, 9:15:56 AM10/14/21
yeh like an .mp4 or .avi or .mkv at 9am (ish) Ralf

Ralf Fassel

Oct 14, 2021, 10:41:10 AM10/14/21
* Conor Williams <conor.w...@gmail.com>
Great, thanks!

R'

Conor Williams

Oct 14, 2021, 10:44:15 AM10/14/21
yeah Ralf -- lets start a campaign....
a campaign like a gofundme to get those lecture notes online
you and me Ralf, you and me...
/c
ps: we could make millins on the internet selling those.(mp4's etc.)..

js

Oct 14, 2021, 10:50:32 AM10/14/21
Dear Ralf,

Just so you are not misled into waiting for a recording of the
presentation, it doesn't look like the person mentioning mp4 is actually
involved with the presentation.

Conor Williams

Oct 14, 2021, 10:59:44 AM10/14/21
oh right - that confused me after i read it or was it before Js...
thanks you man... comrade /c:20211410160001

Conor Williams

Oct 14, 2021, 12:29:42 PM10/14/21
so Claude --- are you putting up a recording?

Ralf Fassel

Oct 14, 2021, 12:51:52 PM10/14/21
* js <jsin...@outlook.com>
| On 10/14/21 10:41 AM, Ralf Fassel wrote:
| > * Conor Williams <conor.w...@gmail.com>
| > | yeh like an .mp4 or .avi or .mkv at 9am (ish) Ralf
| >
| > Great, thanks!
| >

| Dear Ralf,
>
| Just so you are not misled into waiting for a recording of the
| presentation, it doesn't look like the person mentioning mp4 is
| actually involved with the presentation.

js, thanks for the warning, I just understood that myself. :-/

R'

Ralf Fassel

Oct 14, 2021, 12:53:58 PM10/14/21
* Conor Williams <conor.w...@gmail.com>
Conor, c.l.t. has been and still is a very useful source of information,
and the trolls have been few to none.

Please refrain from posting such nonsense here.

Thank you.
R'

Conor Williams

Oct 14, 2021, 1:02:25 PM10/14/21
Ralf Fassel -- my friend -- what country do you hail from?
/c:2021141017:0070
Claude Rubinson, … Ralf Fassel10
Re: Wed, Oct 20 at 7pm central: Karl Lehenbauer on "TCL: The Tool Command Language - LISP for the Masses" from comp.lang.tcl
* js | On 10/14/21 10:41 AM, Ralf Fassel wrote: | > * Conor Williams | > | On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 12:04:58 PM UTC, Ralf Fassel wrote: ...
4:53 PM
al...@flex-logix.com's profile photo
al...@flex-logix.com, … Ralf Fassel11
Re: child process exited abnormally when issue any command on windows from comp.lang.tcl
On Friday, October 1, 2021 at 8:45:54 AM UTC-7, Ralf Fassel wrote: > * Bezoar > | if you run help in a windows then print out the error level you get 1 ...
Oct 11
Ralf Fassel's profile photo
Ralf Fassel
Netscape mail forwarding problem on IRIX from netscape.public.beta.feedback.mail
... U; IRIX 6.5 IP32) MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------F4F5967F7F678D462A366E30" From: Ralf Fassel To: ral.
11/28/00
> Thank you.
> R'

Claude Rubinson

Oct 14, 2021, 1:25:51 PM10/14/21
On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 7:04:58 AM UTC-5, Ralf Fassel wrote:
> * Claude Rubinson <c...@grundrisse.org>

> If I convert the time spec correctly, this will be at 02:00am the next
> day in central europe :-/ Will a video or audio of the talk be
> available later?

Don't know yet. If we do record it, I'll post on our website when it's available. Here too.

Claude

Conor Williams

Oct 14, 2021, 1:31:54 PM10/14/21
sound Claude -- in Java -- functional programming is becomming a big thing too...

i actually have five certificates in Java (from 1.4 on maybe 15 years ago...) and am very interested
in how similar or non-similar function-
al programming is v Lisp and v Tcl

thanks very much much man (d00e)
Kind Regards
/c:2021
ps: can you give us a teaser on the content of the lecute? o
pps: or is it hush hush all maybe

Claude Rubinson

Oct 14, 2021, 2:19:08 PM10/14/21
On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 12:31:54 PM UTC-5, conor.w...@gmail.com wrote:
> ps: can you give us a teaser on the content of the lecute? o
> pps: or is it hush hush all maybe

Abstract is on our website at hfpug.org, along with Karl's bio and the Zoom connection info. We're also on Twitter @HoustonFPUG, where an announcement about the talk was also posted.

Claude

Rich

Oct 14, 2021, 2:24:35 PM10/14/21
Conor is but a wee sliver away from going the way of gavino and earning
himself a slot in my killfile.

Conor Williams

Oct 14, 2021, 2:36:34 PM10/14/21

Claude, that presentation looks like it could be good... /c:2021
ps: will try and attend
> > Conor, c.l.t. has been and still is a very uyouseful source of

Conor Williams

Oct 14, 2021, 2:39:17 PM10/14/21
Rich (ri...@example.invalid ) did i do something to offend u

Rich

Oct 14, 2021, 3:30:08 PM10/14/21
Conor Williams <conor.w...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 6:36:34 PM UTC, Conor Williams wrote:
>> Claude, that presentation looks like it could be good... /c:2021
>> ps: will try and attend

>> > Conor is but a wee sliver away from going the way of gavino and
>> > earning himself a slot in my killfile.

> Rich (ri...@example.invalid ) did i do something to offend u

Generally acting like an ass in a significant majority of your postings
was sufficient.

For example see your recent pair of "ass like" replies to Gerald.

Conor Williams

Oct 14, 2021, 3:37:43 PM10/14/21
roflmao...
i can see why they call you rich...
because you like rtf...
or is it rtfrotq
sound sound thanks man....
but if you want --- i was just browsing the groups
and i was about to compliment the majority of moderators in this group
as i see everyone gets replied to --- which is a great commendation
for these newsgroups...
Conor P. Williams... +353(87)3 885 723 (that;s a phone number rich...)

laters
ps: i am at this a while my man... thanks again - go raibh maith agam
pps: agus ah ta failte roaming

Rich

Oct 14, 2021, 3:58:16 PM10/14/21
Conor Williams <conor.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Conor P. Williams... +353(87)3 885 723 (that;s a phone number rich...)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And see, that's just the kind of asshole remark that gains one a
killfile membership.

Conor Williams

Oct 14, 2021, 4:31:56 PM10/14/21
Rich -- have you what we call here in 1916 land - a chip on
your shoulder?
And Rich, are you daring to insult my name?
And if you are, please please call to my front door
and ring my phone..

thanks in advance...
Conor Paul Williams aka /c

ps: i have tolerated your insults so far -- but now you
have one more email to make up to me...
pps: after that the word friend becomes foe...
ppps: thanks man... love u loads... i will say a prayer for
you sometime

Rich

Oct 14, 2021, 8:53:53 PM10/14/21
Conor Williams <conor.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rich -- have you what we call here in 1916 land - a chip on
> your shoulder?

Hmm, your problems seem to be genetic, since you seem unable to shape
up.

Plonk - you get to now join gavino in the killfile.

Conor Williams

Oct 14, 2021, 9:01:24 PM10/14/21
Rich I don't know who you are -- as far as i know
i never met you before -- but i do want to know
who u are... -- and i will find out
you better not come in contact with me
face to face or you my foe will have real problems..
not just the fact that you have no penis or vagina...
you eloquent little dandy box
--- i will be checking with the moderators on this
usenet group as to whether you are psychaitrically
challenged... that's right --- i am just about to lodge
a complaint about u...

goodbye... and do not write me again or any of my
threads... /c:2021151002am
ps: it feels like you have a few pseudonoms in this
group and not Plonk or gavino...
pps: you are not welcome in my country...

Uwe Klein

Oct 15, 2021, 3:06:18 AM10/15/21
Am 14.10.21 um 20:24 schrieb Rich:
just another alias.
:-)

Uwe

Rich

Oct 15, 2021, 10:15:39 AM10/15/21
This is what I thought at first, but if it (the troll) is gavino then
it is posting on more topics than aolserver which gavino almost always
posted on. And it it also not posting in gavino's style of question in
subject line with nothing, or a "anyone" in the body. But it could
still be gavino, just with a change in activity to hide the fact.

In any case it has earned a slot in my killfile, so I no longer see its
insane ramblings.