What's a good editor for tcl/tk??

1 view

jmck...@bindview.com

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could point me to a free or cheap editor in
which it has syntax highlights, ability to run wish, and so on. Maybe
a programmable editor. I think it would make it more fun to run tcl/tk
stuff with it.

Thanks for any info,
JM

Kano

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99

<jmck...@bindview.com> wrote in message

Look around for emacs, or if you're in windows, http://pc.kano.net/emacs. Best
*ANY-LANGUAGE* editor ever =D

-kl

Chris Harding

Apr 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/28/99
Try vim, if you do vi (you are not one of those Emacs weenies, are you ?
:)
free/cheap and probably programmable as well
(http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/vim/)

Cheers

Chris

--
Chris Harding - Virtual Environment Technology Laboratory
University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204-0903

Alexey Kakunin

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
Try TCL Developer Studio: http://www.star.spb.ru/~small/tcldev

Johan Knol

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
jmck...@bindview.com heeft geschreven in bericht
<3727968d...@newshost.neosoft.com>...

>Hi all,
>
>I was wondering if anyone could point me to a free or cheap editor in
>which it has syntax highlights, ability to run wish, and so on. Maybe
>a programmable editor. I think it would make it more fun to run tcl/tk
>stuff with it.

If you want color syntax highlighting etc (using the tcl-syntax :), emacs is
the
one and only (that I know off).

I guess ftp://ftp.cs.washington.edu/pub/ntemacs/latest/i386/ is what you're
looking for.

lvi...@cas.org

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99

I have not noticed anyone point yet to
Tcl/Tk editors and development environments. Perhaps one of these would
suit your need!

--
<*> O- <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>

Phil

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
Johan Knol <johan...@NOSPAM.iduna.nl> wrote:
>If you want color syntax highlighting etc (using the tcl-syntax :), emacs is
>the
>one and only (that I know off).

Gah! Vim does color syntax highlighting on Tcl very well,
thank you! You can even get the color syntax highlighting to
work in a terminal WITHOUT THE GUI. So there.

Phil
--
Phil Ehrens <peh...@ligo.caltech.edu>| Fun stuff:
The LIGO Laboratory, MS 18-34 | http://www.ralphmag.org

Bryan Oakley

Apr 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/29/99
Phil wrote:

> Johan Knol <johan...@NOSPAM.iduna.nl> wrote:
> >If you want color syntax highlighting etc (using the tcl-syntax :), emacs is
> >the
> >one and only (that I know off).
>
> Gah! Vim does color syntax highlighting on Tcl very well,
> thank you! You can even get the color syntax highlighting to
> work in a terminal WITHOUT THE GUI. So there.

Of course, this is also possible with emacs if one has a color terminal
(or terminal emulator). I'll see your "So there" and raise you a "nyah!"

:-)

Bob Jackson

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Try CodeMagic, it's a bit further along and it's free.
http://www.petes-place.com

It's got a lot of nice features. Support for various
languages (extensible), project mgt, ftp from the
editor, etc.

--
Bob Jackson bobnjudy@.sierranet.onthedottedlinenet

"These are indeed harsh times for the dim." - jo...@snugbug.cts.com