teapot repository

Robert Lipman

Aug 25, 2022, 5:19:14 PMAug 25
Hi,

I have an application that I build in Tcl 8.5.18 (32-bit) with a version of TclDevKit that I licensed from ActiveState many years ago. The build process works very well for many years.

Now I need to recreate the build process on a different computer and it's not working. I can install Tcl and TclDevKit, however, several teacup commands need to be executed in get packages from the repository. For example: teacup install tdom

So we all know (I just found out) that doesn't work anymore. teacup list returns a message about http://teapot.activestate.com 301 Moved Permanently.

What can I do with the teapot repository on GitHub? https://github.com/ActiveState/teapot

Or with anything on https://teapot.activestate.com/index

In TclDevKit, I specifically pick the packages that are needed. However, I think I can explicitly reference them in the Tcl code. So if I can install the repository from GitHub, then I should be able to refer to the needed packages.

In the very long term, I need to rewrite my code for Tcl 8.6 which mainly requires migrating from tcom to twapi for all com functionality.

Thanks,

Bob

The Rickster

Aug 27, 2022, 8:04:09 PMAug 27
It seems I have the same version identified in the preceding; and have copied and installed it on several systems. However, it seems that ActiveState does not host many of the needed (for my apps) packages.
Solution:
1 Get the packages you need.
2. Use devkit (tclpe) to incorporate them into the zip files that teacup requires in order that they be installed in the local repository.
3. used teacup to perform the installation.
Hope this helps.

The Rickster

Aug 27, 2022, 8:05:16 PMAug 27
BTW: I, too, use tcom and twapi.

The Rickster

Aug 27, 2022, 8:07:23 PMAug 27
On Saturday, August 27, 2022 at 5:04:09 PM UTC-7, The Rickster wrote:
Also, you can specify tcl 8.6 or any other version when you use devkit tclapp to build the executable.

Robert Lipman

Aug 29, 2022, 9:33:24 AMAug 29
Thanks. My solution is to zip up the entire teapot directory and copy it over to the computer where needed.