Rivet Root

Roderick

Dec 1, 2022, 11:07:54 AM12/1/22

Excuse me, that I ask here, it is perhaps more a question on apache
than, tcl, but since people here know apache rivet ...

I do not want to put .rvt and .tcl skripts in the DocumentRoot directory
together with html file. I want them in a separated directory, as it is
the case with cgi scripts, also with a ScriptAlias as with cgi.
How to configure apache?

Thanks
Rod.

Scott Pitcher

Jan 16, 2023, 5:24:53 PM1/16/23
On Thu, 1 Dec 2022 16:06:31 +0000
Roderick <hru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do not want to put .rvt and .tcl skripts in the DocumentRoot
> directory together with html file. I want them in a separated
> directory, as it is the case with cgi scripts, also with a
> ScriptAlias as with cgi. How to configure apache?

Hi Rod,

My sites-enabled/...conf file looks like this (some names anonymised):

Listen 80
# The http website
<VirtualHost *:80>
# SVP 14OCT2022: This will need to be changed to WARN or ERROR.
LogLevel info
CustomLog /home/.../logs/access.log combined
ErrorLog /home/.../logs/error.log
ServerName name
ServerAdmin scotty@localhost
DocumentRoot /home/..../www
# The main Rivet script
RivetServerConf ChildInitScript "source /home/.../www/childinit.tcl"
# All urls to go to the main script.
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.tcl [L]
<Directory /home/.../www>
AllowOverride None
Require all granted
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

I keep the two main scripts, childinit.tcl and index.tcl in the .../www
directory, and all the other tcl scripts for the website site
in .../www/lib, in their own directory. I don't put any scripts in any
other place like /usr/lib/exec/cgi. I don't have any html or other
files in .../www. All requests go to my index.tcl and it serves the
content from a database.

I'm not sure exactly what you want to do, but I hope that helps a
bit.

Scott