tclMuPdf - Is there a way to extract the table of contents so the document and be opened in the target page?

Frank

Apr 3, 2019, 9:46:29 AM4/3/19

I am exited to hear about this package.

What I would like to know if it is possible to extract the table of contents and navigate to the page?

I saw that it is possible to open an specific page but I am not sure if it is possible to parse/extract the table of contents information?

If possible, are there any sample scripts on how to do so?

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Aldo Buratti

Apr 4, 2019, 6:44:10 PM4/4/19
Currently tclmupdf does not provide this feature.
tclmupdf only provides a limited set of the capabilities of the underlying mupdf library, mainly devoted to the raw rendering of a page, e.g producing a plain, hig-quality bitmap.
Tclmupdf provides no info for Interactive features like hyperlinks, annotations, form fields.

What you're asking it's not impossible ( for a comparison, see the Python companion 'pymupdf' wrapper ), but it's not on my roadmap. Volunteers are welcomed.

AB