ttk::style possible bug?

Ralf Fassel

Jul 16, 2015, 1:41:09 PM7/16/15
tcl 8.5.18
tk 8.5.18
Windows 7

By accident my app reinvoked

ttk::style element create tborder vsapi \
Button 1 {selected 3 disabled 4 hover 2 focus 5 {} 1} -padding {3 3}

again and again, eventually using up all memory and crashing.

The increase in memory per call is small, so for a demo of the effect
reinvoke the above with "after 10" or smaller.

I'm wondering whether "ttk::style element create" should not either
raise an error if the element already exists or somehow release the
resources coupled to an already existing element, similar to 'proc'
deleting an already existing command?

R'

Harald Oehlmann

Jul 18, 2015, 6:21:44 AM7/18/15
Hi Ralf,

you are doing great things !

About a bug ?
-> use a ticket - better one ticket more than one less (Quote from Donald)

But I suppose that this sounds really small as issue so it will be ok if nobody cares.

Your example looks really wiled, what about an article on the wiki about it ?

Ralf Fassel

Jul 22, 2015, 8:06:25 AM7/22/15
* Harald Oehlmann <wort...@yahoo.de>
| Hi Ralf,

Hi Harald,

| About a bug ?
| -> use a ticket - better one ticket more than one less (Quote from Donald)

Guess that could not hurt...

| Your example looks really wiled, what about an article on the wiki
| about it ?

If only I knew what that code was supposed to do... ;-)

R'