What binary extensions do you use?

Arjen Markus

Jun 9, 2022, 3:35:07 AM6/9/22
Hi everyone,

next week there will be another online monthly meeting and as we discussed last time, we would like to know what binary extensions you use. This would be information for a catalogue of such extensions. For now, just the names (and if relevant the platforms) will do.

I will also arrange for a WIki page for this. So you can use either clt or that page to contribute.

Regards,

Arjen

Harald Oehlmann

Jun 9, 2022, 3:57:06 AM6/9/22
Arjen,
thank you for caring. Here is my list:

Platform: Windows
twapi
tksvg
tdbc::odbc
tdbc::sqlite
tdom
tcom (obsolete)
tclodbc (obsolete)
iocp
thread

Platform Androwish:
tcltls
tdbc::sqlite
tdom

Thank you for all,
Harald

Christian Werner

Jun 9, 2022, 5:15:17 AM6/9/22
Howdy Arjen,

"What binary extensions do you use?"
Potentially all listed on https://www.androwish.org/home/wiki?name=Batteries+Included although that list includes many Tcl only (non-binary) packages, too.

HTH,
Christian

Arjen Markus

Jun 9, 2022, 5:17:38 AM6/9/22
Hi Christian, Harald, thanks for this information - as for Tcl-only packages, I suppose we can easily exclude (or make a separate inventory of those :))

Regards,

Arjen

Robert Heller

Jun 9, 2022, 5:54:58 AM6/9/22
I use Img and sometimes Tls.
--
Robert Heller -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364
Deepwoods Software -- Custom Software Services

Ralf Fassel

Jun 9, 2022, 7:47:01 AM6/9/22
* Arjen Markus <arjen.m...@gmail.com>
| next week there will be another online monthly meeting and as we
| discussed last time, we would like to know what binary extensions you
| use. This would be information for a catalogue of such extensions. For
| now, just the names (and if relevant the platforms) will do.

Windows & Linux
- tkimg
- iocpsock
- snack
- itcl/itk
- tktable
- tix
- tkdnd
- tcludp

Windows only
- twapi
- cawt

HTH
R'

Christian Gollwitzer

Jun 9, 2022, 8:15:04 AM6/9/22
Am 09.06.22 um 08:35 schrieb Arjen Markus:
> Hi everyone,
>
> next week there will be another online monthly meeting and as we discussed last time, we would like to know what binary extensions you use. This would be information for a catalogue of such extensions. For now, just the names (and if relevant the platforms) will do.

Hi Arjen,

in addition to what has been said, I now use TclCurl (fork from
FlightAware). Much easier to work with than TLS/HTP combination!

And rl_json for efficient JSON access

Actually, I would propose to include rl_json or some equivalent into the
core for Tcl 9 as a way to manipulate typed data structures.

Christian

Paul Obermeier

Jun 9, 2022, 9:08:43 AM6/9/22
Am 09.06.2022 um 09:35 schrieb Arjen Markus:
Besides the packages I compile for community purposes with BAWT
(see http://www.bawt.tcl3d.org/download.html#packages)
I personally use the following extensions regularly:

Windows, Linux and Mac:
fitsTcl
Img
critcl
Tcl3D
tclMuPdf
tdom
tkdnd
tksvg
udp

Windows:
twapi

Best regards,
Paul

Don't forget: EuroTcl Vienna June, 30th

h.ol...@geon.nl

Jun 9, 2022, 10:06:42 AM6/9/22
Hello Arjen,
I use:
- tdbc::postgres and tdbc::sqlite3
- crimp (https://chiselapp.com/user/andreas_kupries/repository/crimp/index)
- tdom
- tls
- CAWT
- tclcsv (https://tclcsv.magicsplat.com/)
And lots of tcllib modules. The top 3 are very essential for my work.

Groetjes,
Harm Olthof

clt.to...@dfgh.net

Jun 9, 2022, 10:20:05 AM6/9/22
Img
rbc (is there a site that collects changes? I've got some)
tckMuPDF

dave b

Schelte

Jun 9, 2022, 11:32:57 AM6/9/22
On 09/06/2022 09:35, Arjen Markus wrote:
> we would like to know what binary extensions you use.

ceptcl (0.3)
dbus
fcntl
fswatch
img::jpeg
photoresize
piio
rl_json
signal
sqlite3
tbcload
tcludp
tdom
thread
tkhtml (2.0)
tktray
tls

Schelte

Nicolas

Jun 9, 2022, 11:46:20 AM6/9/22
> On 09/06/2022 09:35, Arjen Markus wrote:
> > we would like to know what binary extensions you use.

TkDnD
BalTip
TableList
MEntry
ScrollUtil
WCB
AwThemes
FSDialog

++
nicolas

Shaun Deacon

Jun 9, 2022, 5:13:57 PM6/9/22
> On 09/06/2022 09:35, Arjen Markus wrote:
> > we would like to know what binary extensions you use.

Most often, the following :

Img
Itcl
tbcload
tktable
tdom

Sometimes, but less so these days :

Tix
expect
blt

Shaun

Rolf Ade

Jun 9, 2022, 5:23:40 PM6/9/22

Arjen Markus <arjen.m...@gmail.com> writes:
> next week there will be another online monthly meeting and as we
> discussed last time, we would like to know what binary extensions you
> use. This would be information for a catalogue of such extensions. For
> now, just the names (and if relevant the platforms) will do.

tDOM
Img
tktable
treectrl
tclsqlite
tclodbc
tkhtml3
tclcsv (the binary extension by Ashok)
MuPDF

Rolf Ade

Jun 9, 2022, 5:26:17 PM6/9/22
Forgot

tcltls
twapi (only a small part, so far)

Keith Nash

Jun 9, 2022, 8:08:57 PM6/9/22
Arjen Markus wrote:

> we would like to know what binary extensions you use.

expect
Img
kitgen including rechan for "starkit-lite"
pikchr
tclvfs
Tclx
tdom
tcltls with libressl
tksvg
twapi
vlerq/vqtcl for "starkit-lite"
winsend

Keith.

rene

Jun 10, 2022, 2:33:59 AM6/10/22
Hi dave

could you send me your changes?
I still have a rbc repo at chiselapp.
And an oo-like version in tko.

Thank you

Arjen Markus

Jun 10, 2022, 3:15:01 AM6/10/22
I have started added the information in this thread to the Wiki page, but this is quite a bit of work, since there are luckily so many reactions :). As Steve and I realised that besides the "purely" compiled extensions we also have script-only packages and combinations of compiled and scripted packages, we have carefully begun an inventory of "all" packages. Do feel free to add your favourites here or on the WIki!

Regards,

Arjen

Alan Grunwald

Jun 10, 2022, 5:40:46 AM6/10/22
Img
tdbc::mysql
tdbc::sqlite3
tdom
tls

saito...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2022, 7:11:02 AM6/10/22
On 6/10/22 3:14 AM, Arjen Markus wrote:
> I have started added the information in this thread to the Wiki page, but this is quite a bit of work, since there are luckily so many reactions :). As Steve and I realised that besides the "purely" compiled extensions we also have script-only packages and combinations of compiled and scripted packages, we have carefully begun an inventory of "all" packages. Do feel free to add your favourites here or on the WIki!

Hello,

Thank you for doing this. I would add Oratcl to the list as a new entry.

I also would like to point out a similar endeavor that has been around
for some time. Please check it out for a large list of packages and
useful widgets, etc.

https://core.tcl-lang.org/jenglish/gutter/

ALX

Jun 10, 2022, 5:08:43 PM6/10/22

tdom
tcltls
rl_json
nacl
tserialport
tzint
websh
tkImg
Ffidl
rbc
tbcload
tclparser
tclcompiler
tdbc::*
sqlite3
oratcl
udp

Arjen Markus

Jun 12, 2022, 5:08:47 AM6/12/22
I updated the Wiki page with this information - it is not entirely complete, as sometimes the OS is missing, quite often the source is not filled in, and for some respondents I had no Wiki alias. Feel free to add or correct the information. You may also want to add information about Tcl-only packages that you use (I need to do that myself too).

Regards,

Arjen

saito...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2022, 11:27:18 AM6/12/22