Announce: tclMuPdf 2.1.1 - rendering of Pdf pages and interactive features

clt.to...@dfgh.net

Jan 7, 2023, 12:23:11 PM1/7/23
Any chance you might be updating tclMuPDF to the latest MuPDF library?

I have some .pdf files generated by pdflatex that tclMuPDF draws properly on a Tcl image, but extracted text (pageObj text) is missing spaces between words.

mutool convert from the latest mupdf package (1.21.1) reads text including the spaces from one of my .pdf files. However mutool is no replacement for your tclMuPDF package.

dave b

Paul Obermeier

Jan 8, 2023, 10:20:41 AM1/8/23
Hi Dave,

I can try to update the MuPDF library I use in BAWT to the newest 1.21.1 version and see, if that fixes your problem.
Do you have an example PDF and demo script you can send me? (ba...@tcl3d.org)

Paul

aldo.w....@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2023, 5:30:06 PM1/28/23
tclMuPdf 2.2 has been released - based on MuPDF 1.21.2 (january 2023)
This release fixes a nasty bug causing crash on some malformed PDF.

saitology9

Jan 29, 2023, 3:00:04 PM1/29/23
On 1/28/2023 5:30 PM, aldo.w....@gmail.com wrote:

> tclMuPdf 2.2 has been released - based on MuPDF 1.21.2 (january 2023)
> This release fixes a nasty bug causing crash on some malformed PDF.

Does this package have an option to identify embedded tables and their
captions?

Paul Obermeier

Jan 31, 2023, 4:04:27 PM1/31/23
Thanks Aldo for the new release.
Unfortunately it does not fix the problem reported by Dave.
I have created a ticket on SourceForge regarding this issue.

Paul

aldo.w....@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2023, 5:37:58 PM2/8/23
Problem fixed with tclMuPDF 2.3 (8 feb 2023). See the wiki page
https://wiki.tcl-lang.org/page/tclMuPdf
for details and download.

Paul Obermeier

Feb 9, 2023, 12:11:34 PM2/9/23