tksvg 0.9 bugfix release

Harald Oehlmann

Sep 5, 2021, 2:36:53 PM9/5/21

Dear Tk Team,

tksvg for tk8.6 has a new bugfix release fixing a race condition:
Fix decimal values in color fields (nsvg__parseColorRGB,
nsvg__parseColorHex)

Please find source code and Windows binaries here:

https://github.com/oehhar/tksvg/releases/tag/0.9

As Brad Lanam is not with us any more, there will be no Linux binary,
sorry. I miss him each day ;-).

The same change was committed to tk trunk today.

Take care,
Harald

Christian Gollwitzer

Sep 6, 2021, 2:01:38 AM9/6/21
Am 06.09.21 um 06:03 schrieb EL:
> Harald Oehlmann <wort...@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
>> https://github.com/oehhar/tksvg/releases/tag/0.9
>>
>> As Brad Lanam is not with us any more, there will be no Linux binary,
>
> Linux binaries are easy to create on github. You can use github actions and
> their cost free runners to create binaries for each major platform.:
>
> https://docs.github.com/en/actions
>
> I use them for tclwebsocket, so there is an example here:
>
> https://github.com/ecky-l/tclwebsocket/blob/master/.github/workflows/tclwebsocket-master.yml
>
> It was a bit fiddly to set up, but once that is done, it’s really useful :)

Yes, that's great - thanks to git and Microsoft ;)

I also use this principle and a very similar way to cretae binaries for
my projects. Here is my YAML for building an extension:

https://github.com/BessyHDFViewer/HDFpp/blob/main/.github/workflows/build_and_release_xplat.yml

What I don't know understand, this thing creates a "pre-Release" on
every push, can this be transferred to an "official release" easily or
would one have to download the artifacts and upload again?

Best regards,

Christian

Harald Oehlmann

Sep 6, 2021, 2:35:11 AM9/6/21
Dear EL,

thank you for the proposition. I am sure this is great stuff.

I can only tell about the experience from my side.

- git pull -> authentication error
- update git tools - 2 reboots of Windows necessary
-> git clone -> ok
-> push by git gui -> hangs
-> make it manually, git wants to authenticate via web browser - go
there, authenticate
-> restart from clone to get it in...

Fixing something is quick but git takes an additional hour of work.

Sorry, you can do it, no problem.

Thank you again,
Harald

Harald Oehlmann

Nov 24, 2021, 8:03:44 AM11/24/21
Dear Tk Team,

sorry, the 0.9 release of TkSVG did not have an updated "configure"
file, due to the fact that it pointed to an old 0.9 tag and not to
trunk/main/master.
The release is now corrected.

Sorry,
Harald

Christian Gollwitzer

Nov 24, 2021, 11:29:38 AM11/24/21
Am 24.11.21 um 14:03 schrieb Harald Oehlmann:
I have now activated a Github action to compile binaries on every push.
The binaries are stored as artifacts (accessible only after login) in
order not to disturb the manual release cycles.

https://github.com/oehhar/tksvg/actions

Christian