error in nx (nsf), wish crashed

Manfred

Jul 4, 2019, 2:19:29 PM7/4/19
Hi

If I write this command's in my wish8.6,
on the last command wish8.6 crashed with "Speicherzugriffsfehler
(Speicherabzug geschrieben)"

%package require nx
2.3

nx::Class create D
::D

%D property -configurable 0 "nix isfix"

%D create d
::d

%catch {d cget -nix}
cget: unknown configure parameter -nix

%catch {d configure -nix anix}
WISH CRASHED

If I run this commands in a script, nothing happens.

If I don't use the command
"catch {d cget -nix}"

only

"catch {d configure -nix anix}"

nothing happens.

I think in practice it isn't relevant, because the error doesn't happen
in a script.

The system is:
kubuntu 19.04
tcl/tk 8.6.9 (compiled by myself)
nx 2.3 compiled by myself)

Regards

Manfred

Christian Gollwitzer

Jul 4, 2019, 2:58:12 PM7/4/19
Am 04.07.19 um 20:19 schrieb Manfred:
> Hi
>
> If I write this command's in my wish8.6,
> on the last command wish8.6 crashed with "Speicherzugriffsfehler
> (Speicherabzug geschrieben)"

> The system is:
> kubuntu 19.04
> tcl/tk 8.6.9 (compiled by myself)
> nx 2.3 compiled by myself)

On Linux, you can use valgrind to find the source of such errors. You
need to recompile everything with -DPURIFY and --enable-symbols, and
then instead of "wish something" say "valgrind wish something". Then
watch for the first error.

Christian

stefan

Jul 5, 2019, 7:57:12 AM7/5/19
Hi Manfred,

Thanks for taking the time to report the issue. We confirm it, it is reproducible also in interactive tclsh sessions (not Tk or wish specific).

Taking a look now.
Stefan

gustafn

Jul 6, 2019, 4:44:16 PM7/6/19
Hi Manfred,

Thanks for reporting. This was a caching bug (caused by "cget -nix" followed by the "configure -nix ..."). The bug is fixed in the git repository.

https://next-scripting.org/xowiki/git

all the best
-g