README: Tcl-URL! - the weekly guide to Tcl resources (Apr 19)

Matt Newman

Apr 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/19/99
This is my first week on the Tcl-URL! team so bear with me as I explore
better ways summarizing the activity on c.l.t.

Nice example of tcLex use:
http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=467060976

If you don't like Tcl's syntax and/or semantics, it usually
takes only a few lines to change them.
http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=467759404

Wise counsel on programming a parallel port:
http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=467090709

Example of how to save a snapshot of a window:

http://x17.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=465999155

Impassioned discussions of Scriptics and the Tcl Community as
we collectively figure out how to all work more productively together.
(Starts off as a discussion of threads and Tcl)
http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=464078840

Have a look at the thread named "RFC: TkGS: the Tk Graphics Subsystem".
It tries to address device-independent graphics operations from Tk (eg.
transparent access to displays and printers).
http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=466323476

Building self contained Tcl executables:
http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=466528211

Discussion of the practical limits of Tcl/Tk (digresses a bit):
http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=466088326

Interesting digression on different styles of licensing: -
http://www.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=463215699

Utilizing threads in Tcl8.1b3 - beware those critical sections!
http://x14.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=466586654

Performing HTTP authorization:
http://x17.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=463000482

Everything you want is probably one or two clicks away in these pages:

The "Welcome to comp.lang.tcl" message by Andreas Kupries
http://www.westend.com/~kupries/c.l.t.welcome.html

Larry Virden maintains a comp.lang.tcl FAQ launcher
http://www.purl.org/NET/Tcl-FAQ/

Scriptics maintains a highly organized Tcl resource center
http://www.scriptics.com/resource/

They also keep info to convince your boss Tcl is a good thing
http://www.scriptics.com/scripting/

NeoSoft has a comp.lang.tcl contributed sources archive
http://www.neosoft.com/tcl/contributed-software/

Cameron Laird tracks many Tcl/Tk references of interest
http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/comp.lang.tcl/

Tcl/Tk Consortium can search comp.lang.tcl and c.l.t.announce
http://www.tclconsortium.org/resources/

Cetus Links maintains a Tcl/Tk page with verified links
http://www.cetus-links.org/oo_tcl_tk.html

Findmail archives comp.lang.tcl.announce posts
http://www.findmail.com/list/tcl_announce/

Previous - (U)se the (R)esource, (L)uke! - messages are listed here:
http://purl.org/thecliff/tcl/url.html
or
http://www.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?QRY=~g%20comp.lang.tcl%20Tcl-URL%21

Suggestions/corrections for next week's posting are always welcome.

To receive a new issue of this posting in e-mail each Monday morning,
ask <cla...@neosoft.com> to subscribe.

-- The Tcl-URL! Team

--
Matt Newman <ma...@sensus.org>