D7.1.20+Seaside starts throwing a walkback after a while

Sanjay Minni

Apr 19, 2021, 3:14:14 AMApr 19
Hi,

I have raised an issue here https://github.com/rko281/Seaside/issues/6
but want to know if anyone else is facing a issue behavior.
I have nstalled / Reinstalled several times.

On installing D7.1.20+Seaside (win 10), D7 starts throwing a walkback after a while.
The walkback appears when restarting Dolhin7 (IDE) or
when trying to do a file->save image, but does not come when you do a File->Exit Dolphin [save image->yes].

Nothing makes it go away. its very frustrating

Is anyone else facing it

Sanjay

Sanjay Minni

Apr 19, 2021, 3:29:00 AMApr 19
Dont know how to upload a screen shot here but the contents of DPRO.errors is

2021-04-19T12:54:01.88697+05:30: Unhandled exception - a Win32Error('The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. (16r3E3: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request. )')

HttpApiLibrary>>checkReturnCode:
HttpApiLibrary>>receiveRequest:flags:
HttpServerRequest>>initializeOn:
HttpServerRequest class>>on:
HttpServerListener>>receiveRequest
[] in HttpServerListener>>loop
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
[] in HttpServerListener>>loop
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>markAndTry
[] in ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ExceptionHandler(ExceptionHandlerAbstract)>>try:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[] in BlockClosure>>newProcess:

smalltalk...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2021, 12:28:45 AMApr 20
Did you try shutting down the seaside server before saving the image?

best
Juan

Sanjay Minni

Apr 20, 2021, 1:25:58 AMApr 20
No I have not tried shutting down the server before saving,
but I can try.
What is the standard practice.

thanks

smalltalk...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2021, 12:55:38 AMApr 21
Sanjay,
Sanjay
the error seems to be out of Dolphin's memory space may be something with the operating system.
I think one handler of os was not correctly freed.
To probe this theory would open the image then close server and save image.
The startup process its complex and anything need to be inicializated in the right order

best
Juan

Sanjay Minni

Apr 21, 2021, 2:09:58 AMApr 21
Ok observed as follows:

on a fresh image only installed DolphinHttpServer\Dolhin Http Server Demo.pax
repeated this sequence several times:

start image
in a workspace:
- HttpServerDemo start.
<-- problem only if i save image / exit dolphin here
- HttpServerDemo stop.
save image / exit Dolphn