SQLite for Dolphin

john.a...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2021, 4:08:02 AM9/28/21
I've recently ported Pharo's native SQLite3 binding to Dolphin; this enables SQLite to be accessed from Dolphin without requiring an ODBC driver.

The repository and more information can be found here:

https://github.com/rko281/SQLite3

I've also added a SQLite native connection to the ReStore relational database framework:

https://github.com/rko281/ReStore#sqlite-native-support

Regards,

John Aspinall

vin...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2021, 6:44:34 AM9/28/21
Great work John!

Looking forward to using these in my projects.

Vince

GTS

Nov 20, 2021, 2:18:32 PM11/20/21
Hello,

I tried installing SQLite3 into 7.1.20 and got this error:
SQLite3Backup class does not understand #categoriesForMethods

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks

vin...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2021, 11:04:05 PM11/20/21
Hi

I had a quick look and I can confirm this error. There is a change in 7.1.20 that stops the SQLite from working (ClassDescription>>#categoriesForMethods does not exist), and I am loath to change core code. Version 7.1 works perfectly fine.

Vince

john.a...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2021, 9:03:12 AM11/21/21
Hi both,

I generally do my development in an image built from the latest 7.1 branch. This had a commit in July "New method category chunk format to reduce 7<->8 merge conflicts" (see issue 1138) which prevents packages saved from 7.1 images built after this commit from loading in earlier images. The 7.1.20 release pre-dates this, so can't load more recent packages.

The solution is to use a more recent image; it's probably also worth raising an issue asking for the 7.1 release to be updated.

Hope this helps.

John