Back to Smalltalk

steve Zara

Apr 15, 2021, 3:20:54 PM4/15/21
I haven't used Smalltalk in serious production since the 90s. I am working on updating a decades-old project (Smalltalk/V Win!) and I have to say that Dolphin is wonderful - nothing I have used (Squeak, VisualWorks, Pharo) comes close in terms of simplicity of development and quality of application. I will have to go back to Java for future cross-platform work, but I just wanted to say thanks to the developers for a superb product.

vin...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2021, 10:49:40 PM4/16/21
On Friday, 16 April 2021 at 05:20:54 UTC+10, steve...@googlemail.com wrote:
> I haven't used Smalltalk in serious production since the 90s. I am working on updating a decades-old project (Smalltalk/V Win!) and I have to say that Dolphin is wonderful - nothing I have used (Squeak, VisualWorks, Pharo) comes close in terms of simplicity of development and quality of application. I will have to go back to Java for future cross-platform work, but I just wanted to say thanks to the developers for a superb product.

Dolphin Smalltalk is great!

The Dolphin MVP way of building apps things is possibly the best thing I have ever used. Couple that with the interactive nature of Smalltalk development, it is straightforward and enjoyable to build apps.

I have potential users who are annoyed at appearing on https://haveibeenpwned.com/ multiple times and are very receptive to self-contained, off-line desktop apps instead of sending all their stuff to a server they have no control over.

Thanks to the devs from me as well.

Vince