Dialog creation problem

john c

Jan 10, 2022, 4:31:41 PM1/10/22
hi all,

i'm having a problem with a very simple dialog. it has listpresenter and other than ok/cancel, nothing else. i am using the problem dialog as an attribute in another dialog. i instantiate the problem dialog in the initialize method of the containing dialog. when i run a simple test app i'm getting a "duplicate name error" on the list when i create it in createcomponents.

i have deleted the view and started over, same problem. i changed the name of the listpresenter but got the duplicate name on the new name. i created a second version of the dialog, same problem.

i have started with a fresh image and loading my pac. i have uninstalled and reinstalled dolphin. nothing fixes it.

any help or ideas would be appreciated.

john

picoVerse

Jan 11, 2022, 10:00:32 AM1/11/22
On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 1:31:41 PM UTC-8, john c wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i'm having a problem with a very simple dialog. it has listpresenter and other than ok/cancel, nothing else. i am using the problem dialog as an attribute in another dialog. i instantiate

i do not understand why you instantiate in the >>initialize Method
i would think that the Dolphin machinery would do that for you
and so if you do it in >>initialize too
then you would be doing it twice
or something
but what do i know
it just sounds funny
if the very simple Dialog VSD is a MVP or a VP = View Presenter
then i would think that you would not instantiate it in >>initialize
just because i have never really seen that before
but i have seen a lot of adding a VP into another VP using the ViewComposer
and Dolphin seems to take care of it
but what do i know
that's all i know
not much
i am tapped out

picoVerse

Jan 11, 2022, 10:06:37 AM1/11/22
On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 7:00:32 AM UTC-8, picoVerse wrote:
> On Monday, January 10, 2022 at 1:31:41 PM UTC-8, john c wrote:
> > hi all,
> >
> > i'm having a problem with a very simple dialog. it has listpresenter and other than ok/cancel, nothing else. i am using the problem dialog as an attribute in another dialog. i instantiate
>.
so you won't allow indenting and you won't allow blank lines aye
.....you google groups you
.....now what will you do
.....to screw me over
.....too
.....[ Post message ] round 2
.
i do not understand why you instantiate in the >>initialize Method
.....i would think that the Dolphin machinery would do that for you
.....and so if you do it in >>initialize too
.....then you would be doing it twice
.....or something
.....but what do i know
it just sounds funny
.....if the very simple Dialog VSD is a MVP or a VP = View Presenter
.....then i would think that you would not instantiate it in >>initialize
.....just because i have never really seen that before
.....but i have seen a lot of adding a VP into another VP using the ViewComposer
.....and Dolphin seems to take care of it
but what do i know
.....that's all i know
not much
.....i am tapped out
.

john c

Jan 11, 2022, 10:30:28 AM1/11/22
thanks for the tough love.

made me restructure where the "problem dialog" gets created. problem solved.

john