VA Smalltalk for personal use?

e...@ryer.ru

Jan 22, 2015, 3:10:56 PM1/22/15
I have seen VisualAge Smalltalk offered for free download by IBM (at least five years ago) if was for personal use. But the page is no longer working.

I looked at the Instantiations web page (who now seem to own the VA stuff) but their seems no way now to get a free copy for usage at home to get skilled in Smalltalk.

I have the gst (gnu) compiler but would much prefer the Visual Age implementation.

Anybody have any ideas?

Ed

Juhani Ylikoski

Oct 1, 2018, 2:02:13 AM10/1/18
Send them an email, requesting a free copy.

Dr AJY
Europe

Randal L. Schwartz

Oct 8, 2018, 8:23:12 PM10/8/18

Juhani> On 22/01/2015 22:10, e...@ryer.ru wrote:
>> I have the gst (gnu) compiler but would much prefer the Visual Age
>> implementation.

There's always Squeak and the Pharo Fork of Squeak.

<mer...@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Perl/Unix/Dart consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
Still trying to think of something clever for the fourth line of this .sig