I look for a list of scheme implementations with their list of available gui-toolkits

Alain De Vos

Nov 4, 2021, 12:48:24 PM11/4/21
A list of gui toolkits is : tk,fltk,fox,wxwindows,gtk,qt, ...
What are the gui development options the different scheme implementations allow ?

Maciek Godek

Nov 4, 2021, 5:53:20 PM11/4/21
czwartek, 4 listopada 2021 o 17:48:24 UTC+1 devosa...@gmail.com napisał(a):
> A list of gui toolkits is : tk,fltk,fox,wxwindows,gtk,qt, ...
> What are the gui development options the different scheme implementations allow ?

If you're developing for a PC, I'd recommend Racket, which comes with a bundled GUI toolkit.

If you're targetting JVM, you may want to give Kawa a try -- it supports the old Java GUI toolkis as well as JavaFX.

I think that other Scheme implementations have much more friction when it comes to GUI programming, especially if you'd want it to be portable between Windows, Linux and Mac.

Alain De Vos

Nov 4, 2021, 6:26:41 PM11/4/21
I use freebsd.
For a simple gui i found this,
https://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/5/pstk
I did not found something directly for chez or ypsilon.

Brad Lucier

Nov 4, 2021, 6:27:12 PM11/4/21
On Thursday, November 4, 2021 at 12:48:24 PM UTC-4, devosa...@gmail.com wrote:
> A list of gui toolkits is : tk,fltk,fox,wxwindows,gtk,qt, ...
> What are the gui development options the different scheme implementations allow ?

Lambdanative (https://www.lambdanative.org/) is a cross-platform (iOS, Android, Blackberry, OS X, Linux, Windows, OpenBSD, NetBSD, FreeBSD and OpenWrt) graphical development environment based on Gambit Scheme.

George Neuner

Nov 7, 2021, 10:25:52 AM11/7/21
Chez has SWL ("Scheme Widget Library").
Neither is supported any longer.

Depending on the version of Chez, SWL versions can be found at one of
these:
https://www.scheme.com/download/index.html
https://github.com/guenchi/SWL