Slightly OT: Is pyhelp.cgi documentation search broken?

Joel Hedlund

Oct 26, 2006, 4:01:54 AM10/26/06
Hi!

For a number of days I haven't been able to search the online python
docs at:

http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/pyhelp.cgi

that is the "search the docs with" link at this page:

http://www.python.org/doc/

Instead of the search engine, I get Error 404. This is a real bother for
me, since I rely heavily on it for my work.

Is it broken? If so, is anybody trying to get it back up again, and
what's the time scale in that case? Is there an alternative available
somewhere?

Cheers!
/Joel Hedlund

Thomas Heller

Oct 26, 2006, 4:31:29 AM10/26/06
to pytho...@python.org
Joel Hedlund schrieb:

The operating system on the starship.python.net machine was reinstalled from scratch;
but the 'crew' pages still have to be restored. This will take some days, IMO.

Thomas

jim-on-linux

Oct 26, 2006, 11:00:40 AM10/26/06
to Joel Hedlund, pytho...@python.org
On Thursday 26 October 2006 04:01, you wrote:
> Hi!
>
> For a number of days I haven't been able to
> search the online python docs at:
>
> http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/pyhelp.
>cgi

Joel,

Try here,
py2exe...@lists.sourceforge.net

jim-on-linux
http://www.inqvista.com

Thomas Heller

Oct 27, 2006, 5:06:11 AM10/27/06
to pytho...@python.org
Joel Hedlund schrieb:

> Hi!
>
> For a number of days I haven't been able to search the online python
> docs at:
>
> http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/pyhelp.cgi
>
> that is the "search the docs with" link at this page:
>
> http://www.python.org/doc/
>
> Instead of the search engine, I get Error 404. This is a real bother for
> me, since I rely heavily on it for my work.

It works now again. At the same time, I've added the ability to search the Python 2.5 docs,
(formerly they were exposed as 'current docs' only, and moved the code into an SVN repository.

Note that you can also download the module and use it locally.

Thomas

Joel Hedlund

Oct 27, 2006, 7:00:49 AM10/27/06
> It works now again.

You are now officially my hero.

> Note that you can also download the module and use it locally.

Cool. I'll do that!

Thanks!
/Joel