traceback Shows path to my python libraries

jsc...@sbcglobal.net

Jun 20, 2022, 2:50:01 PM6/20/22
I coded an application with a 64-bit executable using cython with the embed
option and gcc and I received a traceback showing the path to my python
installation. Is that normal or does that mean the application is going
outside of my executable to my python libraries? I want it portable so it
if is, then it's not portable.

The error itself is not an issue. I lost my internet connection, so it's
expected and it was retried like it should be.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File
"C:\Users\jschw\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\ur
llib3\connectionpool.py", line 703, in urlopen

httplib_response = self._make_request(

File
"C:\Users\jschw\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\ur
llib3\connectionpool.py", line 398, in _make_request

conn.request(method, url, **httplib_request_kw)

File
"C:\Users\jschw\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\lib\site-packages\ur
llib3\connection.py", line 239, in request

super(HTTPConnection, self).request(method, url, body=body,
headers=headers)

File
"C:\Users\jschw\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python310\Lib\http\client.py",
line 1282, in request

self._send_request(method, url, body, headers, encode_chunked)

.

Thanks.

Dieter Maurer

Jun 21, 2022, 12:30:02 PM6/21/22
jsc...@sbcglobal.net wrote at 2022-6-20 13:49 -0500:
>I coded an application with a 64-bit executable using cython with the embed
>option and gcc and I received a traceback showing the path to my python
>installation. Is that normal or does that mean the application is going
>outside of my executable to my python libraries? I want it portable so it
>if is, then it's not portable.

The tracebacks are primarily for the developers.
Therefore, they identify source locations.
When you use `cython`, the compilation to "C" gets references
to the `cython` source (because those references are meaningful
for the developers). When a traceback is generated, the
`cython` source need not be available (you will then not
see the source line, only the line number and file information).