New GUI for Python

Roberto Alsina

May 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/13/96

I finally dared show some of my humble python skills:

Just uploaded to ftp.python.org is the (small) pyxforms-0.1-alpha.tar.gz
file. It contains a binding between python and XForms, a
free-for-non-commercial-use widget set for X-window, and (maybe someday)
win32.

It is obviously alpha, in that it's quite incomplete, but it shuld not
contain nasty bugs. Basically, it needs a lot of converting
thing.Setwidth() to thing.w= stuff (getattr/setattr). Right now, it's
quite usable, though not all XForms widgets are supported.

It includes support for:

Windows
Input lines
Buttons
Menus
Browsers
Sliders
Pixmaps
Bitmaps
Standard dialogs (get input, get filename, etc)

other things i can't remember

Doesn't support yet:

Groups
Charts
Plots
Canvases
Free objects
Opengl

It was written trying to make it very easy to program for.

Requires:
Python 1.3 (Maybe 1.2 would work too)
XForms 0.80 (NOT 0.75)
You can get XFORMS from:
ftp://laue.phys.uwm.edu/pub/xforms/test
or
http://bragg.phys.uwm.edu/xform/

For anything concerning this, email me

("\''/").__..-''"`-. . Roberto Alsina
`9_ 9 ) `-. ( ).`-._.`) ral...@unl.edu.ar
(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._`. " -.-' Centro de Telematica
_..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.' Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.' Santa Fe - Argentina