Mypy alternatives

Dan Stromberg

May 14, 2022, 8:53:15 PM5/14/22
Hello people.

I've used Mypy and liked it in combination with MonkeyType.

I've heard there are alternatives to Mypy that are faster, and I'm looking
at using something like this on a 457,000 line project.

Are there equivalents to MonkeyType that will work with these alternatives
to Mypy?

And has Mypy become the defacto standard for how type annotations should
look? That is, are there other tools that assume Mypy's format too, and
does most doc about type annotations assume Mypy's style?

Thanks!