a simple question

Glenn Wilson

Jul 26, 2021, 6:30:21 PM7/26/21
I recently downloaded the latest version of python, 3.9.6. Everything works except, the turtle module. I get an error message every time , I use basic commands like forward, backward, right and left. My syntax is correct: pat.forward(100) is an example. Can you tell me what is wrong.
     thanks, glenn

Paul Bryan

Jul 26, 2021, 6:34:25 PM7/26/21
It would help to know the error message you get every time.

dn

Jul 26, 2021, 9:47:54 PM7/26/21
On 27/07/2021 10.19, Glenn Wilson via Python-list wrote:
> I recently downloaded the latest version of python, 3.9.6. Everything works except, the turtle module. I get an error message every time , I use basic commands like forward, backward, right and left. My syntax is correct: pat.forward(100) is an example. Can you tell me what is wrong.

Python comes with "batteries included". However, if 'everything' was
made immediately-available, each of your program[me]s would be very
long. Accordingly, the 'batteries' are kept in what is called "The
Python Standard Library". To use a library it must be import-ed into
your code.

Docs describing the library are available on-line, specifically the
turtle module (and some examples of its use) can be found at:
https://docs.python.org/3/library/turtle.html

Have fun!
--
Regards,
=dn

Avi Gross

Jul 26, 2021, 10:30:03 PM7/26/21
In addition to the other requests for more info on a very ambiguous
question, let me add one. Did the message suggest something worked on an
earlier version and broke with a new version, or did they mean they just
started USING the current version and hoped the version number was
meaningful for the way they probably did not write proper code in the first
place that loads the module(s) they need?

Jul 27, 2021, 8:05:27 AM7/27/21
On 7/26/2021 6:19 PM, Glenn Wilson via Python-list wrote:
> I recently downloaded the latest version of python, 3.9.6. Everything works except, the turtle module. I get an error message every time , I use basic commands like forward, backward, right and left. My syntax is correct: pat.forward(100) is an example. Can you tell me what is wrong.

On Windows, normal install,
C:\Users\Terry>py -3.9 -m turtle
C:\Users\Terry>py -3.9 -m turtledemo
both work.