3.11.0b4?

Richard David

Jun 23, 2022, 9:15:19 AMJun 23
Is there a new scheduled date for releasing 3.11.0b4? Are there issues with b4 that have implications for b3?

I realize it will be released when ready and am not trying to push or harass anyone involved. It just seems that versions are usually released on schedule so I'm wondering if there's some problem.

Richard David

Jun 23, 2022, 7:02:21 PMJun 23
On Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 9:15:19 AM UTC-4, Richard David wrote:
> Is there a new scheduled date for releasing 3.11.0b4? Are there issues with b4 that have implications for b3?
>
> I realize it will be released when ready and am not trying to push or harass anyone involved. It just seems that versions are usually released on schedule so I'm wondering if there's some problem.
See https://groups.google.com/g/dev-python/c/_3My1hukw6M/m/bz6I_p6kAQAJ

Mats Wichmann

Jun 24, 2022, 11:36:06 AMJun 24
On 6/23/22 07:14, Richard David wrote:
> Is there a new scheduled date for releasing 3.11.0b4? Are there issues with b4 that have implications for b3?
>
> I realize it will be released when ready and am not trying to push or harass anyone involved. It just seems that versions are usually released on schedule so I'm wondering if there's some problem.

Was an update today in python-dev (there are still release blockers)

Richard David

Jun 24, 2022, 1:14:11 PMJun 24
For the record: https://groups.google.com/g/dev-python/c/_S8YGysqsxc

This does seem an unusually long delay. In any event, it's clearly better to make sure it's working properly than to rush to keep to some schedule.