connect to running internet explorer (IE) via shdocvw.dll

Marc Spoorendonk

Jun 19, 2002, 7:05:08 AM6/19/02
This is how my problem can be handled in VB:

Dim SWs As New SHDocVw.ShellWindows
Dim IE As SHDocVw.InternetExplorer

For Each IE In SWs
Set Doc = IE.document
If TypeOf Doc Is HTMLDocument Then
List3.AddItem Doc.url
End If
Next

The question is simple: How can I accomplish this same thing in Python?

Mark Hammond answered me this by email:
"I think you will find SHDocVw is a vtable interface, and therefore not
supported by Python."

I've read up about vtable, COM etc. but I am fairly new to this. (I was
born as a Unix programmer.) I've played with the interfaces and
makepy.py. Should I write a python-plugin in C++ or can it be done by
native pytoncode?

Regards,

Marc

dsavitsk

Jun 23, 2002, 1:49:44 AM6/23/02
if it is for your own use, you can place the VB in a public method of a
class and control that via python and COM.

-d

"Marc Spoorendonk" <marc.spo...@pretection.com> wrote in message