Submit form, open result in a browser

Tina I

Jul 27, 2007, 5:40:01 AM7/27/07
Hi,

Is there a way to submit a form and then open the resulting page in the
default browser? (Writing the form submission code is not a problem by
the way)
I guess what I'm asking is how I can get the resulting URL and feed it
to the webbrowser module.
I need to do it this way because the site owners will not let me parse
the page and show the result inside my application... loss of
advertising revenue I guess. And since it's just a small added feature
to the application, opening it in a browser is fine. I just need to get
an idea on how to do it...

Thanks
Tina

Diez B. Roggisch

Jul 27, 2007, 5:53:10 AM7/27/07
Tina I schrieb:

That's not how HTTP works. Either you use e.g. urllib to make a http
call and save the resulting html into a temporary file - and then you
point your webbrowser to that.

Or you open the webbrowser with the url + parameters.

But there is no "result url"

Diez

theju

Jul 27, 2007, 5:53:51 AM7/27/07
> Is there a way to submit a form and then open the resulting page in the
> default browser? (Writing the form submission code is not a problem by
> the way)

There is a library called "Client Form" that does this for you.
wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientForm/

> I guess what I'm asking is how I can get the resulting URL and feed it
> to the webbrowser module.

After the form is submitted through ClientForm open the resulting
response using the webbrowser module.

Cheers
Thejaswi Puthraya

Tina I

Jul 27, 2007, 6:35:08 AM7/27/07
theju wrote:
>> Is there a way to submit a form and then open the resulting page in the
>> default browser? (Writing the form submission code is not a problem by
>> the way)
>
> There is a library called "Client Form" that does this for you.
> wwwsearch.sourceforge.net/ClientForm/
>
> After the form is submitted through ClientForm open the resulting
> response using the webbrowser module.
>
> Cheers
> Thejaswi Puthraya

ClientForm is absolutely perfect! Less than 10 lines of extra code and
the job is done :)

Thanks!
Tina

Cameron Laird