Now for something completely different...

瀏覽次數:23 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Skip Montanaro

未讀,
2022年5月22日 晚上7:19:002022/5/22
收件者:
This isn't really Python-related, but I don't wander around any more
general software engineering/computer science places on the web, so I will
throw this out here.

I start a framebuilding class next week (lugged steel construction for
those into bikes). After about three weeks of work, I should have a
custom-made frame, which will also happen to have been built by me. It will
need paint or powder coat and graphics. I'm looking for ideas about the
graphics.

Though I spent most of my professional life noodling around with Python
(I'm now retired), I don't really want the graphics to be terribly
Python-centric. Consequently, "import this" is probably not going to work.
I have decided to go ahead and use my first name in lower case Courier as
the core piece of the downtube graphic:

skip

That's not too informative (other than its relationship to moi), and I have
room for probably four or five more characters. (I have a graphic artist in
mind, so the space need not strictly be text either.)

So, how would you fill the remaining space? I've considered "n++" or "n+1",
but not thought of anything more than that. For those who are not into
bikes, you may not have heard of the Velominati Rules
<https://www.velominati.com/>. I quote Rule #12:

*The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.*
While the minimum number of bikes one should own is three, the correct
number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This
equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes
owned that would result in separation from your partner.

I currently have six to ten, depending on how demanding you are that they
be ready to ride with nothing more than air in the tires. This project,
while definitely n+1 might well also be approaching s-1. :-)

Ideas about head tube graphics are also welcome. I have no idea there at
all yet. Again, some subtle reference to software engineering would be nice.

So, if you'd like to play along, toss out some ideas. I'll consider
everything as long as it's not NSFW.

Skip

Chris Angelico

未讀,
2022年5月22日 晚上7:30:412022/5/22
收件者:
On Mon, 23 May 2022 at 09:19, Skip Montanaro <skip.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's not too informative (other than its relationship to moi), and I have
> room for probably four or five more characters. (I have a graphic artist in
> mind, so the space need not strictly be text either.)

Aww, not enough room to say "straight line", because (in Euclidean
space) it's the fastest way from B to A.

ChrisA

MRAB

未讀,
2022年5月22日 晚上9:16:392022/5/22
收件者:
Instead of "straight line", "A → B".

Paul Rubin

未讀,
2022年5月23日 下午5:58:272022/5/23
收件者:
Skip Montanaro <skip.mo...@gmail.com> writes:
> the core piece of the downtube graphic: skip ...
> *The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.*

Sounds like you could use assembler mnemonics to name different bikes:
skipne, skipeq, skipge, etc.
0 則新訊息