[Python-announce] argon2-cffi 21.2.0

Hynek Schlawack

Dec 8, 2021, 7:37:28 AM12/8/21
Hi everyone,

I’m happy to announce the release of argon2-cffi 21.2.0!

With more than 13 million downloads per month, argon2-cffi is the most popular package for using the competition-winning Argon2 password hash in Python.

If you want more details on Argon2 and why it matters, check out my blog post Storing Passwords in a Highly Parallelized World <https://hynek.me/articles/storing-passwords/>.

Support like that makes me work on FOSS on a Sunday afternoon, so please consider supporting me too: <https://hynek.me/say-thanks/>! <3

RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS

- Pre-compiled wheels for most relevant platforms (yes, including ARM!)
- Full type hints.
- Adjusted defaults to RFC 9106 and support to pre-configured profiles.

Full release notes: https://github.com/hynek/argon2-cffi/releases/tag/21.2.0